Search results

1. T

Help I think my Shaving Brush Plant Is dying

This morning my shaving brush plant looked weird , some stems are dark green some are light green and some are turning clear, Does anybody know about this plant...? Nitrite 0 Nitrate 15 amonnia 0 ph 8.0 calcium around 400 .... its planted in 2 inces of sand ... it seemed fine yesterday......can...
  2. T

Tunze 9002 not that impressed

my Tunze9002 has been running on my red sea max for about 5 weeks and still microbubbles coming out the bottom, The foam is clear maybe a little green but not dark or brown....I thought the break in time was 2 weeks ? Did i install it right , The air line is not kinked or nothing..Does that tube...
  3. T

Dam Damsel

My red sea max has been up and running for a month now everything is ok, I have one blu-green chromis and 1 yellow tail damsel...The ploblem is that the yellow tail damsel is chaseing the chromis all the time, I cant get that damsel because of the live rock and all the caves i made and im not...
  4. T

Tunze 9002 not that great

I dont see the big deal with this skimmer , Its just a microbubble factory....any sugestions on a diffrent skimmer that is known for not making microbubbles or they all do that ..so no hope...lol
  5. T

Damsel problem....need help

i made a mistake i think, I started out with one bule neon damsel, today i added two yellow tail damsels, and the blue neon damsel is attacking both of them... Now i want to remove the blue neon damsel but i have so much live rock in a Pyramid form with lots of caves and im not gonna remove this...
  6. T

Man I hate Micro Bubbles

Day 3 on My Tunze 9002 Installed in red sea max still a ton of micro bubbles.. Could i put a filter sock in the slot where the heater goes ..would that help or make it worse....?
  7. T

Last question i swear lol Tunze Skimmer 9002

On this skimmer should i keep the water right at the wavy line or just a little below it , or does it make a diffrence.....?
  8. T

Skimmer Tunze 9002

Just installed Tunze 9002 skimmer on the red sea max 130 d . And there seems to be a hell lot of micro bubbles coming i think from the bottom of skimmer , will this go away on its own cause its brand new? any tips on the air valve on how much to tighten it or how much to let out?
  9. T

Help micro bubbles everwhere

Just installed Tunze 9002 skimmer on the red sea max 130 d . And there seems to be a hell lot of micro bubbles coming i think from the bottom of skimmer , will this go away on its own cause its brand new? any tips on the air valve on how much to tighten it or how much to let out....?
  10. T

red sea max 130 d Heater help

This is so weird on my red sea max everything running good except stock heater. i have the dial at 79 deg, the tank never goes above 76 and with lights on 77 , i turned the dial a little past 79 at 80 still get 76....? anyone know why this is...
  11. T

red sea max 2 day

My red sea max 34 gallon is on it 2 day with 22lbs of live rock 30 lbs of live sand , A-0 Nitrite-0, Nitrate -20 , This is a FOWLR tank , the question is should a wait a a few more days before adding fish....? and do i need more rock or is 22 lbs enough for now? im not gonna overstock this tank...
  12. T

Red sea max 130d day 2 cycle

day 2 cycle 30 lbs of live sand , 22 lbs of live rock,, Nitrite 0 Nitrate 20 ph 8.2 im have a problem with micro bubbles and i dont even have the skimmer in there , is this normal on a new red sae max when you first set up....?
  13. T

Red Sea Max 130 d

Max 130d all set up,tomorrow putting 30 lbs of live sand 20 llbs of live fiji rock, bought 25 gallons of live nutri- sea water and my adventure begins.... Hoping my cycle time should be short do to live sand live fully cured rock, and live water , lot of bacteria...Like i said before for filter...
  14. T

Red sea max 130 d

My tank finally came today all set up but the only thing are the lights i think there a little dull , 4 bulbs is this right, blue white white blue ? how do i upload a pic on here still fairly new to the site... or should the bulbs go blue white blue white or does it matter...the tank looks to...
  15. T

Live Rock

Quick question,,,,, Which live rock is better for your tank, Fiji rock or Tonga rock..
  16. T

red sea max 130d

I just got my red sea max 130d , got a quick question ..Im doing a FOWLR tank, so if i dont use a skimmer i will be ok right? 20 lbs of live rock 20 lbs of live sand, 2 clowns and a goby, im not overstocking... Filter media basket.. 1 poly fiber 2 purigen 3 Chemi-pure.... Is this set up fine...