Search results

1. T

Leaving RSM 130 for 7 days..... Question

I am leaving on a cruise tomorrow and I will be gone for 8 days. I have left my mother in charge of feeding and have not been able to teach my pops how to clean the white filter floss. Would it be ok to take the filter floss out and just leave the black sponge for the time being. This...
  2. T

Ato sensor

I am attempting to make an auto top off. I have used three DIFFERENT float switches, all of which work for one second and then get stuck shut allowing 120v to the pump. I used the simple method of cutting a the extension cord and wiring the float switch on one side of the wire... Once I use a...
  3. T

Taking skimmer out

I am thinking about taking my stock skimmer out of my 130. Is there anything else to put there to help the tank besides another skimmer? : I may be putting an ATO sensor there..... Do you think taking the skimmer out will lessen the water fluctuation from the filter getting caked up?
  4. T

Filter sponge and floss

How ofter are you supposed to clean the black sponge and white floss on the 130? I noticed after about a week the water level in the back was uneven because the floss was caked up... Thanks
  5. T

130 water level

Is the water level on the back of the tank supposed to be the same level on both sides? On my tank the water level is much higher on the intake side rather then the heater / skimmer side...
  6. T

RSM 130 Auto Top Off

I attempted to make an auto top off today. I found it really hard to bend the acrylic through the back hole of the tank, down to the water then make a ledge for the float switch..... (the hole I'm referring to is the oval shaped one inline with the heater.) As any one had any success...
  7. T

Light cover for RSM 130

Just making my first water change and wondering about the cover over the lights. I replaced the lights a couple weeks ago and they are not as bright as I would like. The light cover has a little bit of a haze over it.... Do some people leave the cover off? Or can you shave down the plastic...
  8. T

T-Hutchs RSM 130

Hello, Just wanted to start my own tank thread. Like I said in another post, I purchased a RSM 130 setup for $300. Made a few changes to the rig. Changed out both fans in the hood and purchased the external fan for the back. Now they are super efficient and QUIET. Added about 2 inches of tubing...
  9. T

Cycling Red Sea Max 130

Hello, I'm in my 8th day of my tank up and running and my 7th day of running Stability by Seachem. I purchased three green chromis yesterday. My Nitrate, Nitrite and Ammonia levels were all at 0 yesterday. Is everything going to spike or does stability keep everything level?? My last...
  10. T

Tom from FLORIDA!

Hello, My name is Tom, I'm 21 years old and a student at the University of South Florida. I had a 55 gallon setup a few years back with some soft corals and reef fish . I recently got back into the hobby after selling my scuba gear and getting an awesome deal on a RSM 130 w/ stand for $300. I...