Search results

1. A

Moving Charleston SC

Help!!! Anyone in Charleston SC or nearby? We're moving there in a few weeks. The reef tank did surprisingly well this last move, but I'm a bit nervous moving it 11 hours from Pensacola to Charleston. I lost my ENTIRE STOCK of african cichlids in the last move (8 foot tank of around $4,000...
  2. A

anyone from Jacksonville?

Just wondering if anyone was near me on here? I live in Jax FL. Also, does anyone on here have any blastomussa wellsi coral frags for sale? Hubby found a beautiful 4" specimen, but I'm just getting started out and it was $70. Probably still a good deal, but I am so afraid it won't do well...
  3. A

Lights ok for my tank? How turn wet/dry into sump???

Ok, so I just puchased a very established (should I say coraline encrusted with no view in) tank and I am finding out a bit of the stuff is not the best. He had a wet/dry, which I hear I can just turn into a sump by removing the blue bio-balls. Is that correct? I just take them out? The...
  4. A

how to make wet/dry into sump

Ok, so I just bought this established 55 gallon system It came with 70 pounds of live rock and 70 pounds of live sand. I have several thinstripe hermits, snails, a chromis, blue damsel, yellow-stripe maroon clownfish and some tiny corals (devils hand, frogspawn, mushrooms, kenya tree and there...
  5. A

anyone else from JACKSONVILLE?

Totally new to reefkeeping and saltwater. Anyone on here from Jax?
  6. A

Angel the newbie

Hi guys! Total newbie here, both to ReefSanctuary and to sw fish-keeping. I've had a 200 gallon african cichlid tank for about 6 years, but it is NOTHING like a saltwater system. I already feel like I'm in totally over my head. I only hope I don't kill anything. Ok, so short background on...