Search results

1. CarmenH

Good crab/bad crab?

Looked online but couldn't ID him. Forgot to put in something for scale...he's maybe 3/4 the size of a dime...
  2. CarmenH

Little red pistol shrimp?

Came in on a frag...he was very red but faded a bit with the stress of handling/moving/dipping...
  3. CarmenH

commensal crab or bad news?

Came in on an acro I got today...he's about the size of a pinky fingernail...
  4. CarmenH

Really big worm

:eek: Anyone know what it is?
  5. CarmenH

Pyramid snails?

Tonight I noticed a bunch of tiny little snails in my tank. They are on the glass along the bottom of the tank. Admittedly, I haven't done a thorough glass scraping for a bit so there is a bit of algae there... I haven't intro'd anything for quite a while so I have no idea where they came...
  6. CarmenH

Anemone spawning, what to do!?!?!?!?

Just before lights out tonight, I looked at my tank and it was cloudy. On closer observation, my bta was shooting out clouds of milky liquid. From the online descriptions, it sounds like he was spawning. I set up a my marineland cannister with the micron filter, and threw on an aquaclear with...
  7. CarmenH

Fragging large frogspawn

I have to frag my frogspawn. It's lower parts aren't getting enough light and are starting to bleach. But it's not like any of the frogspawns I see on line when I google for fragging instructions. Most that I see are quite twiggy, with branches that could quite easlily be clipped off. Mine...
  8. CarmenH

Nems and Marineland Reef Capable lighting

I'm starting up another tank, with some things I got for insane prices. I can't upgrade anything for a while. It's a 24" x 24" x 24" tank, and I'm going to be running 3 x 24" Marineland Reef Capable LED lights, and one 24" Marineland Double Brights LED light. I'm not set on having a nem in...
  9. CarmenH

Nem hates 2-part

I started dosing 2 part (Kent Marine) about a month ago, dosing every other day, because water changes weren't keeping my ca/alk levels up. I've started to notice over the last week or so that the day after I add it, my green BTA really sulks. I pour it into the pump at the opposite end of the...
  10. CarmenH

Any idea what this is?

A guy on a local forum posted these... I had no idea and asked if I could post them here cuz I was curious and was given the go-ahead...
  11. CarmenH

Nem in bad shape :-(

I've had a BTA since May, introduced into a mature tank. He was doing great, settled in fine, and has been totally healthy. Just in the last few weeks, I've noticed a reduced appetite, but I attributed it to the fact that my clowns are constantly feeding him. Over the last couple of weeks...
  12. CarmenH

Rock crab removal?

I finally hauled out the rock that my crab is in. It's in a bucket. But he WON"T get out. I don't want to kill him, I have another tank where he can go, but how can I remove a crab I can't reach? I really want to get the rock back in the tank! If I do a fw dip then put him right back into...
  13. CarmenH

Caulerpa gone sexual

I put a clump of LR with caulerpa on it in my quarantine tank that has a new mandarin and a 6 line wrasse in it. Overnight, I guess due to lighting changes, it went sexual and I woke up to pea soup in the tank! I did a 50% water change this morning and put purigen in the HOB filter. Is this...
  14. CarmenH

Anyone know what this is?

Bought it last night but the store had no idea... The light pink part is reflection, it's all mustard-yellow and dark pink... [/IMG]
  15. CarmenH

Ric vs. mini carpet nem

I hope this isn't an idiotic question :-) I got 3 little hitchhikers on a piece of rock that I thought were just plain mushrooms but now that they've been in the tank for a while, they're getting "bubblier". I've found pics of both mini carpet nems and ricordeas that are similar. Is there a...
  16. CarmenH

Moving stuff from a tank with flatworms

I have flatworms in my reef tank. They come, they go, I don't sweat it and I have no desire to risk nuking them with chems. But I have a friend who's just starting a new reef and I'd like to share some stuff from my tank. Is there any sort of dip that would absolutely remove and/or kill...
  17. CarmenH

Egg clutch?

I was examining my tank by flashlight tonight, as I do quite often :-) I found this... I have a ton of stomatellas and colonista snails, is this an egg clutch?
  18. CarmenH

Nem hitchhikers

A couple of weeks ago, while gazing at my tank with a flashlight at night, I discovered 2-3 tiny little anemones on the underside of a rock. They are so small and colorless that a pic with my little camera would be impossible. They are totally clear with little white tips on the tentacles...
  19. CarmenH

What kind of nem?

The store said this was a BTA but it looks different than most of them I see...he's way cool no matter what he is...just curious... Carmen
  20. CarmenH

Coral ID?

I've had this rock/corals in my tank for a couple of months now but just noticed that the ones on the right send out feeder(?) tentacles once in a while. Anyone know what they are? When I got it, I thought it was the same thing on both sides, at different stages of development but now I'm...