Search results

1. trent6868

AquaC Remora Hang-On Protein Skimmer

What are peoples thoughts on this skimmer and is it a good idea opposed to the sump/skimmer??? i have a 54gal corner tank and i am moving it all over to a 50-75 straight tank soon will this work and still work for future tank adventures or should i stick with a sump and skimmer?
  2. trent6868

When the Cyano Clears!!!

Well it has officially been 15 days and no sight of any Cyano after the big clean up well there really wasnt that much, here are some pics of the tank as of now... Oh yeah just ordered the Skimmer and Sump to replace the Fluval 405, man this s*** gets expensive..
  3. trent6868

Filtration Advice/Questions????

I currently have a Fluval 404 and a 228 powersweep running my 54g bowfront corner Aquarium i have about 30lbs of live rock and 3inch substrate along the bottom. I pulled all of this from my old 30g tank and it was suffice for 3+yrs... I am begining to wonder if this is enough water flow...
  4. trent6868

Couple Questions?

Hello, I am new to this tank, i have had saltwater in the past and it was never this difficult. My tank has been set up for 3mths and i just stared getting the brown alage two weeks ago. It has now begun to slightly turn to purple and pink, there are little pockets in the live sand they...
  5. trent6868

What kind of puffer is this and???

I would like to know what kind of puffer is this a saddle or blue spotted it looks like a mix, also i have had my tank running for close to 3 mths and just started getting brown alage my nitrates are 15ppm and ph is 8.1 is this sutable or should i be worried?
  6. trent6868

Did i mess up or what?

I just dummped about 5lbs of live sand into my existing tank and i had one puffer in there and it looks like it is about to die after 15mins of the sand filling the whole tank in a cloudy mess. the fish looks like it cannot breath or is either full of sand and i am freaking out. I guess my...
  7. trent6868

Unknown Hitchhiker

Does anyone have any idea what this is and how to remove it before my puffer destroys it it cam in on a piece of live rock i introduced last evening. Please refer to Attachments UNKNOWN 1, UNKNOWN 2