3. Front_View_4-27-10_2

Front_View_4-27-10_2

4. New_Buds_4-27-10

New_Buds_4-27-10

5. Left_Sideview_4-27-10

Left_Sideview_4-27-10

6. trent6868

PowerBrite LED Lights?

I find it better to make your own, due to the fact that you can place lights wherever you want not in a strip that has these LED's close together and it is sometimes cheap looking because of how bright it shines on one spot. If you build your own you can choose where you want light to shine...
  7. trent6868

PowerBrite LED Lights?

Here are the Pics of the moon Lights i was speaking of earlier, it was hard to get a real clear pic without a flash so here is an idea...
  8. trent6868

PowerBrite LED Lights?

This might help you out and it might not.... I recently replaced my moon light after it went out on my 24in Current light. It came stock with 1 moonlight, i took apart the light and drilled two more holes cut the cord and spliced it and then sodiered it and placed two more led lights...
  9. trent6868

AquaC Remora Hang-On Protein Skimmer

What are peoples thoughts on this skimmer and is it a good idea opposed to the sump/skimmer??? i have a 54gal corner tank and i am moving it all over to a 50-75 straight tank soon will this work and still work for future tank adventures or should i stick with a sump and skimmer?
  10. trent6868

When the Cyano Clears!!!

Thank you both very much I appriciate it, once i get this finished i am moving it to a straight tank... prob 75gal because it is such a pain in the rear to work on these corner tanks...
  11. trent6868

When the Cyano Clears!!!

Well it has officially been 15 days and no sight of any Cyano after the big clean up well there really wasnt that much, here are some pics of the tank as of now... Oh yeah just ordered the Skimmer and Sump to replace the Fluval 405, man this s*** gets expensive..
  12. trent6868

Couple Questions?

Thank You, I have had some of the rock since 2005 but i go to numerous LFS and if i see a piece of rock i cannot do without then i buy it. i just boutht another piece over the weekend and re organized the whole formation. I will post later today.
  13. trent6868

Filtration Advice/Questions????

So what filter do you suggest i purchase and so i need a skimmer??? Should i buy a hang on or a under cabinet, i dont have a lot of room under the corner unit...
  14. trent6868

Filtration Advice/Questions????

I currently have a Fluval 404 and a 228 powersweep running my 54g bowfront corner Aquarium i have about 30lbs of live rock and 3inch substrate along the bottom. I pulled all of this from my old 30g tank and it was suffice for 3+yrs... I am begining to wonder if this is enough water flow...
  15. trent6868

Couple Questions?

Thank you for all your help, as you see i have circled the spots where the alagee is forming these are obviously my dead zones. i was going to add some snails to eat the alagee but i guess thats not a good idea. The Puffer is doing fine and i have had no problems i hope i dont have any due to...
  16. trent6868

Couple Questions?

If this is Cyano, Should i get rid or will it go away? If this is in fact Cyanobacteria should i get rid of it or will it go away as part of the cycle?
  17. trent6868

Couple Questions?

Added Pics of Alagee and pockets Here are the pics of the Alagee that turned from brown to purple and the pockets in the live sand which i have no idea what they are???? I would like to know if the brown alagee turned purple is a good or bad thing and what in the world the pockets are in the...
  18. trent6868

Couple Questions?

Thank you i will take more pictures of the sand and alage this evening and repost, also should i continue to clean these "hydroids off the front of the tank they just float around and then stick right back to the front...
  19. trent6868

Couple Questions?

Hello, I am new to this tank, i have had saltwater in the past and it was never this difficult. My tank has been set up for 3mths and i just stared getting the brown alage two weeks ago. It has now begun to slightly turn to purple and pink, there are little pockets in the live sand they...
  20. trent6868

What kind of puffer is this and???

And now the picture is up geez i am sorry...