Search results

1. GlassMunky

Advanced RO/DI Setup Question

Currently I have running a 5 stage 75GPD RO/DI unit. My boyfriend had been running a 4 stage 75 GPD RO/DI unit. Since we've now moved in together and won't be running both of them I got thinking about possibly hooking them up together to get an 8-stage RO/DI. Would this setup work??? In from...
  2. GlassMunky

Anyone selling a Gen1 Radion?

Anyone have a Gen1 Radion for sale? New or Used. I'm in Philly Pa
  3. GlassMunky

Pros/Cons of adding a 40B display fuge to my system

So Its been a while since I've been on Reef Sanctuary, but after getting involved in some other forums and not liking the experience, i think i may be back. AND HERES MY FIRST POST BACK! :thumbup: First, a little bit about my current system: SPS dominant Reef (with some LPS) 90G RR tank...
  4. GlassMunky

trimming the tank

im gonna be trimming back a few corals this weekend and wanted to throw them up here and see if anyone wanted any. open to sales or trades or whatever. Pink/Purple Birdsnest ORA Purple Stylophora Green Millipora Tan Digi
  5. GlassMunky

Tank upgrade questions

ok, so its coming time for me to ugrade my tank. My current 29G SPS heavy tank is doing GREAT, but im very quickly running out(have run out) of space for frags or for corals to grow, so its tie for an upgrade. One of my LFS is having a sale and i can get a brand new RR 75G tank and stand for...
  6. GlassMunky

My SPS Reef Pics

Took some pics this morning of my tank. some of them turned out well, thought id share with you. I'd never have this beautiful tank if it wasn't for RS and all your help! THANKS!:turntable
  7. GlassMunky

LED's for 14G biocube

Ok, so i had started another thread at the begining of the month (Here), and long story short, Nanotuners sucks, i have no new hood and am still running my tank on 1 CF bulb :doh: So I got a refund and am now again looking for lights but am more certin im going LED. I found 2 that im looking at...
  8. GlassMunky

Tools for underwater/in tank fragging?

So my Birdsnest colony and one of my stylos are growing ever closer to each other, and its now at the point where the stylo isnt extending its polyps all the way as to not touch the birsdnest. both the birdsnest and stylo colonys are very securely placed on the LR and encrused in places, making...
  9. GlassMunky

Free Digi and Cap frags

Free Montipora Digi, and Cap frags to a good home. they aren't anything special, just beige/tan/brown (the cap started as purple, but never got its color back while my other SPS colored back up fine) But they are just getting too big, or too many for my small tank. I would trade them in at the...
  10. GlassMunky

Neon Orange Bubble algae??

So I just noticed these little neon orange bubbles in my fuge. They look really cool, I'm kinda thinking its some kind of bubble algae? can anyone confirm this? or if not, know what it is?
  11. GlassMunky

New lights for Biocube.......

SO last week I came home to find 3" of standing water in every room of my apartment. Needless to say, ALOT of stuff was destroyed (Bed, furniture, etc.) but also, the power supply to my Actinic light for my biocube was also close to the floor under the stand. Well the water got in and screwed up...
  12. GlassMunky

Greenville NC Area

So I'm gonna be visiting the greenville-ish area next weekend and wanted to know if anybody in the area knew of anything fun and reef-related to do while there? (i know about the public aquariums) what are some good LFS to check out? cool places to visit? any local reefers wanna meet up and talk...
  13. GlassMunky

My Atlantis Marine World Visit (A.K.A Dream reef)

So this past weekend, I went to Long Island to visit a friend, and we headed out to visit Atlantis Marine World and check out their INSANE 20,000 Reef tank. After getting there, another friend of mine put me in touch with Joe, who runs the coral tank, and he came and met us and gave us a tour of...
  14. GlassMunky

Suggestions on my next fish

So, after my move across the river to PA, i ended up seperating my blue damsel from my 29G tank as she was seriously bullying my manderin. I put the damsel in my 14G Biocube where she is alone and cant hurt anyone, she seems to like it actually. But now my 29G is feeling a little empty, and im...
  15. GlassMunky

ATO storage ??

So I setup my ATO this past week, and its AWESOME! I love not having to add water every morning :) right now I'm just using a extra 10G tank laying around as the resevour for the ATO. My question is, is it ok to just have the water sitting in there not moving around? or do i need to get some...
  16. GlassMunky

RKL Wavemaker help

Can anyone on here help me out? I just got my RKL this weekend and thought that i set it up according to the instructions, but my wavemaker isnt working right..... Right now i have it set to do 30 seconds of pump A then 30 seconds of pump B, but it just has both pumps on all the time? even when...
  17. GlassMunky

Which Controller?

So, I know this has already been over a few times but I've been away from the computer for a while and my memory is foggy, so i wanted opinions on aquarium controllers. Right now its only for my 39G system, and for controlling the lights, heater and maybe 2 koralias. but i also want the...
  18. GlassMunky

which test kit to trust????

So I'm a little(lot) confused and not sure what to trust..... I just bought a new API Reef Master kit with the calcium,alk,nitrate/phosphate tests. I have all of these in Salifert testbut am about to run out which is why i got the new kits. I first tested the calcium with the new API kit and got...
  19. GlassMunky

bully fish

So last night I introduced my Mandarin into my display after finishing QT. This morning when the lights came on, my blue damsel discovered the new fish in the tank and has started to bully it, like i kind of expected. when she shes the mandarin she goes up to it and starts swatting it with her...
  20. GlassMunky

Brightwell Koralcolor????

Anybody use this stuff? if so what are the results? I was givin a bottel by my lfs, but dont want to just start doseing this stuff without some kind of info on it. Its from Brightwell, so its a respected company, but could still be snake oil.... Brightwell Aquatics: KoralColor Anyone?:confused: