Search results

1. A

bio balls

I have bio balls in the new sump. (been up for 2 or 3 days) What is the real purpose of these if any? Should I remove them? Can I remove them all at once sinse they have only been there a short time?
  2. A

New sump

I just finished installing my very first sump all by myself! Thanks to everyone that answered my many questions. Now excuse me while I celebrate and pat myself on the back! :shades: :whstlr: :snshne: :clink: I only had one major flood and one minor one. The major one was when the return...
  3. A

kind of OT: smilies!

OK, since I AM the smilie queen, I thought I should mention this: Is it just me or when you click on the smilies, they don't do anything? I have to type in the word. :lookaroun like this :look aroun (take out the space and it works)
  4. A

bristle worm...how big

I have a bristle worm in my tank that is at least 6 inches long. :columbo: I haven't seen all of him so he could be much longer. He lives in the same cave that my orchid dottyback sleeps in. It don't seem to be causing a problem yet...only sticks his head out to eat stuff off the sand. How...
  5. A

swimming worms

I remember reading something somewhere about these, but can't for the life of me remember if they were good/bad. They are about 1/4 to 1/2 inch long, white, and wiggley. Ball up into a ball when in strong current. Swim like "wiggle tails" (mosquito larvae). Only come out at night...fish...
  6. A

New Sump and a few questions

Do any of you have experience with these sumps? I just bought one today from premium aquatics.http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AG-19005&Category_Code=CprSump I'm not going to use the bio balls. How easy was it to install? I also got a a...
  7. A

scallop

I recently bought some new LPS corals and while floating the bags I noticed a tiny white scallop snapping around in the bottom of the bag. It was about the size of pencil eraser. I just threw him in the tank and haven't saw him since. I'm not concerned that he may cause trouble, just...
  8. A

new stuff

I bought a bunch of stuff from blue zoo aquatics Tuesday. Has anyone ever bought from there? I mainly needed some new bulbs and some DT's, but while I was shopping, I picked up some snails, a monti cap, pearl bubble, hammer, and frogspawn...you all know how that goes! Now I'm broke and...
  9. A

I'm still here!

I just got this threat while looking around in the photo gallery! LOL Hello amee6730 it looks like you haven't posted in a while. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums? Don't...
  10. A

water chemistry (long post)

I have only started testing/dosing magnesium for about 2 weeks. I use IO salt. The first magnesium test I did was 1080. (NSW=1300-1500 depending on salinity) So I dosed B-Ionic magnesium supplement as directed on the bottle and re-tested in 3 days. The magnesium was up to 1170 but KH...
  11. A

hello

I'm amee and I'm a reefaholic. I'm not so new to SW, just new here. I've got a 55g reef with mostly softies that been running now for 3 years. Looking forward to meeting everyone amee