Search results

1. GregT

Frustrated with the Red Sea Nitrate Pro test kit

i don’t know if it’s just me as I haven’t seen any feedback on this but the Red Sea Nitrate Pro test kit I have is impossible to consistently drip 8 drops of the A bottle! I shake the bottle from side to side for the recommended 30 seconds but time and time again when I’m squeezing I get a...
  2. GregT

GregT's Aqua 400 (replaced my RSM250)

Well after 6 years of owning my RSM250, mostly in stock configuration then customised with LEDs and a sump I've retired the tank as it was starting to wear. Really enjoyed the ease and look of the RSM250 and also the RSM community. Hope to get a 650 down the track when funds (i.e. my wife)...
  3. GregT

GregT's RSM250 LEDs Mark 2

Well after my custom inhood LEDs accident (I dropped the hood when doing some maintenance, and lost one channel, couldn't identify a fix) I've finally managed to get a replacement sorted after running my tank on blues only for about 2 months! My last LEDs were 180w of blues white 3w and 90° Lens...
  4. GregT

GregT's attaching an auto feeder to a RSM250

Hoping i get some feedback so posting this as a new thread instead of my main thread. In anticipation of a holiday, I'm going to try temporarily attaching this autofeeder from eheim instead of relying on someone to feed the tank and hoping they do not overfeed!  There's also a manual...
  5. GregT

Modding my hood for LEDs

OK, I have 180 watts of Royal Blues and Cool White 3w Crees. These arrived as 1 unit of 4 LED modules and two drivers, one for each colour. I have an additional two LED modules and plan to use one on my 30 litre tank and the other I'm wondering if I connect it in series with the other 4...
  6. GregT

GregT's 6 gallon nano

Hi, So I've now got a 6 gallon/30 liter nano tank in addition to my RSM250. Has a 70 Watt MH and Blue LEDs for nightime. 2 x Hydor Koralia pumps plus heater. Not running a skimmer but wondering if I should add a small canister filter to allow carbon and Zeolit (yes my other tank runs the...
  7. GregT

Christchurch Earthquake

With the really bad Earthquake disaster in Christchurch, New Zealand I think it's a good reminder to look at your tank and consider what would happen if a disaster struck and you had no power for 24 hours to a week? I've been in contact with Reef tank owners in Christchurch and many had lost...
  8. GregT

Optimum flow for a RSM250?

I'm thinking of adding a 12,000L/hr Powerhead Wavemaker Double to my tank that has stock pumps + a tunze 6025. I have LPS and SPS and a sand bottom. What's the optimum flow please? cheers Greg
  9. GregT

Black Algae in my reef tank

Hi, I've got this black algae in my RSM250. It's fuzzy looking and only on the rock. Does anyone know what it is, and the best approach to get rid of it? Cheers Greg
  10. GregT

GregT's RSM250

Hi, just finished cycling my RSM250. Looking forward to posting some pics soon:hallo: