Search results

1. LilGreenPuffer

RO...DI...or tap?

I think the question here is whether he should use RO **or** DI water.
  2. LilGreenPuffer

OT: How's the weather?

In Kentucky, we've been having weird weather. For June, it was blazing hot. Then when July began, it got positively cool and really rainy. Now it's getting hot again. I miss the rain. :(
  3. LilGreenPuffer

Wannabe Reefer

Hi! I've always wanted to have a little setup just for marine crabs. I loved the land ones when I was little. They're so much fun to watch. I bet your kids will love this whole project, even after the crabs are gone.
  4. LilGreenPuffer

hey

Oh, stop it, guys. :) Hi, williamb!
  5. LilGreenPuffer

Greetings

Oooh! Yes! Pictures! Do you have any that you took while SCUBA-diving?
  6. LilGreenPuffer

hi

Hi! I'm new, too. :)
  7. LilGreenPuffer

OT: tonights Recipe

Fresh pesto! 3tbsp olive oil, 5c fresh basil from the garden, 1/2 head garlic, 1/4c pine nuts, and 1/2c parmesan (not sprinkle cheese - get a wedge). Stick it in the food processor until smooth, top whole-wheat pasta with about a tablespoon of the paste, stir till coated, and enjoy...
  8. LilGreenPuffer

My FW tanks

They're pretty big in terms of bioload. Three to five gallons apiece, and not (not, not, not) fit for community tanks. They're tiny, but they're vicious! :flaming: But if you ever get another FW setup, these little guys are well worth it. I spent a lot of money and time, plus sweat and tears...
  9. LilGreenPuffer

My FW tanks

They really are. They greet me when I walk in the room, and the looks on their faces when I sit down to feed them is priceless.
  10. LilGreenPuffer

My FW tanks

WIP = Work In Progress. I would post pictures of the second one, but my sister took the camera with her on a retreat, and she won't be back for a week. And she lost the cord, and our computer (which reads memory cards) crashed, and my laptop won't take memory cards. That's why those...
  11. LilGreenPuffer

Acclimation/FW dip

Thanks!
  12. LilGreenPuffer

Acclimation/FW dip

Anybody? :)
  13. LilGreenPuffer

My FW tanks

The second one was because of a substrate change. I had just gotten new gravel, and I had bagged the old stuff up in pantyhose and left it in until the bacteria could move to the new substrate. The extra filter had a pantyhose bag in it. It's gone now.
  14. LilGreenPuffer

My FW tanks

The full-tank shot is a little outdated. In the past month or so, I've planted it more heavily, and the background is FW plants, rather than blue. But you get the idea. :)
  15. LilGreenPuffer

My FW tanks

...And two more.
  16. LilGreenPuffer

My FW tanks

Here's the first three...
  17. Cute_

Cute_

Male dwarf puffer, James Bond.
  18. Group_photo

Group_photo

Male and female dwarf puffers.
  19. Cute_Couple

Cute_Couple

I like how this picture shows the gender markings so clearly. This shot is also posted at http://www.alsgoldfishpage.co.uk/id2.html.
  20. Avatar

Female dwarf puffer, Thumbelina.