Search results

1. H

Algae Problem help

So I have been combating hair algae for over a month now. Ive come to decide that it is possibly from over feeding. My problem lies here. We have a 75 gallon tank with 2 clowns, algae blenny, watchmen goby, tiger pistol shrimp, and diamond goby. Light schedule is from 12pm to 10 pm. I feed...
  2. H

Adding some new additions to the tank help

I was thinking of making another purchase and it may be the last purchase for a long long time to finally complete my 75 gallon setup. Current occupants are 1 watchmen goby 1 gold midas blenny 2 percula clowns assortment of corals about 120 lbs live rock 60lbs or so live sand. Was...
  3. H

Fish keep dying help!

Been 2 or 3 weeks and we have been trying to introduce another fish into our tank. Parameters are fine, tank has been setup over a year. Only other fish in the tank are Watchmen Goby and 2 percula clowns. We have crabs/snails/1 starfish,some soft corals, 2 peppermint 1 cleaner shrimp. 75 gallon...
  4. H

Twin spot goby / watchman goby /lawn mower blenny questions

Current tank 75gallon - mated pair clowns, 1 watchmen goby, 1 serpent star, 10 nerite snails, ~30 nassarius snails, 1 arrow crab, 2xpeppermint shrimp, !30-50 blue crabs, pulsing zenia, misc zoanthids, frogspawn, 2x ricordea, misc mushroom patches. Tank has been set up for over a year with most...
  5. H

Clownfish bed/hosting?

Just recently purchased a couple of true perc clowns, and they dont seem to know what or want to host in the carpet we have. So curious of some insight or creative ideas for these clowns to relax with or on. Crazyness and imaginative are acceptable!
  6. H

Local Fish Store going out of sale need anything?

The LFS over here is going out of sale. I have access to around 200lbs of live rock, lot of crabs snails starfish urchins of all sorts. I know they have some corals, but cant remember for the life of me the exact names. Frogspawn Xenias and a few others. If anyone is interested go ahead and...
  7. H

Local Fish Store going out of sale need anything?

please delete, moved to correct forum.
  8. H

Looking for Koralia's

If anyone has any Koralia's #3 pm me with price thanks.
  9. H

Snails Reproducing?

Found a little critter crawling on the side of our tank this evening. Looks like a baby snail, but not for sure. Any guesses? Thought it was a slug or something at first till it went off the glass onto the liverock and looked like it had a tiny shell. Secondly any guesses at to what species of...
  10. H

Breeding grounds!

We have about 90lbs + (30 base) of live rock, curious on how long it will take for enough pods to develop for getting a mandarin?
  11. H

Anemone + Corals...

Do I need to worry about my carpet anemone causing damage to my soft corals. We will only be getting majority ricordia and some zoos and polyps? Ive heard people say it may sting them and others say it would be fine.
  12. H

Best place for free shipping?

We are looking at adding corals finally to our tank. Finally got everything figured out and in place. LFS are selling corals are outrageous prices ie:$70 + for small/medium size frags! So we are in search of a good online dealer/seller that offers free overnight/2nd day shipping for free with...
  13. H

Time to start adding again....I think?

So its been around 2 months since our 75 tank was cleared of fish due to ich and possibly something else, never did really find out. Anyways we treated with melafix and primafix during the first week or so of the outbreak. Since then we still have our crabs/turbo snails/ and to my surprise still...
  14. H

Refugium update

So after cracking a few aquariums I decided to go with a plastic storage bin. Made sure to check that it wouldn't have any leaching problems and waaala!
  15. H

Very strange Amonia reading..

Just got some live rock shipped to us this afternoon. Cleaned it in a salt water bin toothbrush and all pretty well, then put it in our curing bin. Its been about 7 hours since it has been in there. Just did an ammonia test and it is at 0. I was reading that it can take up to 4 weeks to full...
  16. H

Question regarding salt & curing live rock

We are currently in the process of converting our tank from a fish only to a reef with fish tank. LFS said to use Reef Crystals as our water additive instead of what were currently using is Instant ocean salt. Anyone agree or disagree something better even yet? As for the live rock we are...