Search results

1. EagleEyes

Selling light, koralia 400gph, new bulkheads, and a few extras

Hi all, I've been cleaning and could use a good home for some things. Hydor Koralia 400GPH (never used, and in original package w/ booklet) 20" Current Dual Satellite Power Compact Fixture, bulbs not included (used) 3/4" Lifegard brand clear bulkheads (new, never opened) 17" total reach Pik...
  2. EagleEyes

Broken powerhead lives!

Finding an old powerhead you thought was dead, plugging it in and hearing it wurr to life: Photo won't work I bet. SO much win!
  3. EagleEyes

"I must be insane" aka "chiller question"

None of us are ever truly "out of the water" so to speak when it comes to this hobby. Even after postponing the inevitable again until I have a steady income, I've aquired a BRS RO/DI, and a 48" Current T5 fixture. Figures. The worst part is, my house doesn't have central cooling and I'm in...
  4. EagleEyes

Does anyone keep Bumblebee shrimp?

I'm making a list of thing's I'd like to keep. I'm thinking these little 1 inch shrimp would be neat. Apparently they sit perched on rockwork in groups which sounds awesome. The rest of the tank will be coral, shrooms, and small fish, so it size should be no problem. Downsides are easy...
  5. EagleEyes

University of Arizona wins the College World Series!!!!

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAR DOWN!!! That is all. Thanks for listening.
  6. EagleEyes

Jelly Fish??!

So here is a picture i drew and a small description. The size is hard to get across to you. Take a ball point pen. Tis guy is about as small as the ball of that pen. I have a small pocket microscope and my friends called me EagleEyes so you get the idea of how i found it. I think it is a baby of...
  7. EagleEyes

Caulerpa Taxifolia: Read before dealing with it!!

Hey everyone, i promised a group of people that i would create a thread on the noxious weed Caulerpa Taxifolia. I will add pictures to this thread of the weed and i encourage ALL OF YOU to do the same. I think that it would be beneficial as well to hear some of your experiences. I know that...
  8. EagleEyes

WTB 30inch PC light fixture

I have a 20 gallon that is 30 inches in length and i need a fixture to put over it. Im thinking of putting LPS and some soft corals. I've been looking around and it is incredibly hard to find this sort of thing so i thought i might try to put up an add.. All i find now is the fixtures that go...
  9. EagleEyes

EagleEyes' 20 gallon - Closet is not the place for it.

So i have this 20 gallon glass aquarium ive had in the closet. It does not satisfy me to have it in there and i could use the place for golf clubs. I have a whole wall where i keep my 10. Seems like a whole wall deserves a bigger tank! I would need lights, and basically everything else but the...
  10. EagleEyes

Tough Algae!

So i have a 1o gallon nano, live rock and the like, the micro organism's are prospering, etc. What my problem is, is that i have a very basic algae, that i wanted to call hair algae at first, but decided that this is no regular fine filamented algae. This algae has a tubular body structure, it...
  11. EagleEyes

line in line out worries

If i have a line to a refugium and out of it back to the aquarium, should i leave a little room for different flow rates or is it relatively safe? also what kind of line should i have from my refugium to the aquarium?
  12. EagleEyes

Inclinations of a no-filter media system.

My inclinations are that a no-filter media system is feesible if in fact you strive to keep levels of nitrogen and nitrogen byproducts at a minimum. (.1 ppm) Therefore creating a sort of self sufficient tank that will cycle itself. are there any refutations to this, or is this a possible endeavor?
  13. EagleEyes

DIY hood stand for Current 2x40w PC

I need to get/make a stand to put my PC on because its heating up the water too much. I was thinking of screwing a frame to some metal legs or something simple like that. I have the sattelite, not the Orbit, so it did not come with it. BUT if someone has a retired stand for a 20'' orbit that i...