Search results

1. jgking21

Juice’s 54 Gallon Build

I want to keep this chronicle going as I like to look back and see where I've been. It's been a year and not much happened in that time. The tank ran very smoothly and all the corals were growing. It's been a tough year for my wife and I and I didn't put the time in that a tank needs. I had...
  2. jgking21

Would like to see frags to full size corals...

No, not Green Slimer, I've had one of those before and this is different. You can do this film strip thing in photobucket. Under "Edit Photos" there is a button that says "Create a Collage". I just played around with that to create these. They make for a nice growth picture in one shot.
  3. jgking21

Would like to see frags to full size corals...

Light - 14K Pheonix 250w M/H Red Planet Red/Pink Digi Neon Thing (don't know the name) FTS 11-1-2011
  4. jgking21

Juice’s 54 Gallon Build

I have a few Red Planet frags if anyone in the Charlotte, NC area would like to make a trade. Tank as of yesterday, very happy with how things have finally started to move.
  5. jgking21

Corner Tanks

you do get whoozy, you start to stare at things and then step back and bam it hits you! you'll need to plan lighting as well, right now I have just a single pendant MH and I want to add supplemental lighting soon. I've got a centered rock structure and I see where there are some low lighted...
  6. jgking21

Corner Tanks

I've got a 54 corner and love it! The curved glass magnifies everything. Also I like how the tank has more depth than most standard tanks. You will most likely need to get a custom stand to house a sump. You can see my chronicle in my signature, although I haven't updated in a while, but not...
  7. jgking21

please dont tell me my wife is correct!!!!!

My dad built me a custom stand for my tank. I only put one hole in the back to put the plugs through for the light and powerheads. Big Mistake! I now leave one of the doors open otherwise the humidity builds up and I'm not sure what will happen. During the winter I do sometime close the door...
  8. jgking21

Brown algae growing in sand, sick corals

1. Brown Algea - sounds like diatoms. If you can post your water parameters, nitrates, pH, Alk, temp. and anything else you can. 2. Corals - What type of lighting do you have? Browning I think usually comes from low lighting. The more information you can give the better responses that others...
  9. jgking21

Skimmer Question via Video

Thought I'd post some results that I'm having. First, I found out that the airline was pinched somewhere close to the pump, which you couldn't see in the video. After opening that up, things improved alot! Second, I'm now using eggcrate to play with where the skimmer sits at the water...
  10. jgking21

New office ocean... 54 Gallon corner tank.

I love my 54 Corner! Awesome score! I almost went FOWLR when I first started with corals and was having trouble. It should work nicely for you.
  11. jgking21

Wow, am I ever in trouble!!

I battled that once before also, not a fun thing especially when the bottles of water melt in minutes! Why so hot in your house? Can you kick on the A/C for a bit, especially before the lights come on?
  12. jgking21

Playing around, enjoy some pics!

Thanks everyone, hopefully I'll continue to grab monthly photos. I used a good amount of super glue gel for the monti. I put it directly on the frag and put it in a small cup of water. This harded the glue a bit. Then just stuck it on the overflow wall. I work it back and forth until I...
  13. jgking21

Reefs are evil!

there have been bad days on my reef as well and have thought about setting it aflame! just keep swimming and swimming and swimming!
  14. jgking21

The tank is very clean. I have 2 Clowns, 1 Cleaner Shrimp and 1 Emeral Crab, plus CUC, so my bio-load is very small. I do a 5 Gallon WC probably every 10-14 days. There is a little algea in the tank, but not much and stays under control. I took the skimmer out and rinsed everything pretty...
  15. jgking21

I've had this skimmer for about 2 years now. It has worked great, but recently the foam is not foam, it's very wet and the bubble pop quickly. I the video helps show you what I dealing with.
  16. jgking21

Purple SPS Id

Get it in your main tank and see if the polyps start to come out, I don't see any reason to leave it in the QT. My vote is some type of coral.
  17. jgking21

Juice’s 54 Gallon Build

New light is in and hung, I love it!
  18. jgking21

Cooling water WITHOUT chiller

I use frozen water bottles. I only need to do it a couple months out of the year and only while the lights are on. I put one in the sump and when its melted and cooled to the water temp I replace it with another. I work from home so it make it easy to monitor. Good Luck!
  19. jgking21

Juice’s 54 Gallon Build

The Baffle change out was very successful, then on to a new problem. My Ballast went out, it wasn't a very good one anyways, but lasted 2 years. So I ordered a new one along with a new fixture to get a larger exposure area. I ordered a Lumatek 250W Dimmable Vallast, M3-LK1221 Premium Aquatics...