Search results

1. Big Jay

I'm going out of town and leaving a hypo tank behind...

So I have MI. I am setting up an emergancy hospital tank that I will turn into my Qt after the hypo treatment. My question is, how can I make it nearly fool proof for my house sitter? If I make a bunch of hypo water that has the pH set and make an easy water change system would that work...
  2. Big Jay

Home made fish cubes.

Hard work pays off and this time it pays off big time. I make my own fish cubes and have been asked a million times how I do it. So I thought I would share on how I make my cubes and how much effort it takes. I usually make a batch that will last me about 4-5 months. I have a 125g with 28...
  3. Big Jay

My second BSJF

I bought another. I had to chance it. I love Bilbo so much I thought I would take the chance with finding a mate. I was in the LFS when I saw a BSJ that was very active and very dark. The blue spots are about the same but the yellow is very dusky and gray in color. There were 3 housed in the...
  4. Big Jay

Just one of those days

I had to write this down. It's too good not to share. Sweet revenge on a rude poop mate. If you have a sour stomach or a lack of adult toilet humor I would suggest hitting the back button. For the rest of you that dare... All in all, it hadn't been a good day. Bad traffic, a malfunctioning...
  5. Big Jay

The 3 Gallon Experiment

I had a credit at Marine Depot to use a while back and I had them send a Mr. Aqua 3 gallon bow front. I took an old Coralife 36w fixture I had and mounted some Current Sunpod legs to it. I also added a 12v fan to the fixture because the light gets pretty hot. I used a 50 watt heater I had from a...
  6. Big Jay

125 gallons of water w/ 3.5% Sodium Chloride

I had some small tanks as a kid but nothing serious. I little out of high school I had a 29g salt tank with a few small fish. No reef, no rock. Again this was nothing serious because I had my eyes on fast cars and faster women. Fast forward a dozen years and my pet iguana (6 foot lizard, Fred)...
  7. Big Jay

Not new but...

I joined this site a long time ago and thought I should be a little more active on it. So I thought I would share a few pictures and try to make RS my new home for reef discussion. I have been in the hobby for about 3 years and reefing for about 2.5. I had a BC29 but it was over run with coral...
  8. Big Jay

Sleeping in.

I had a BSJ quite a while ago. It lived for about 4months until it got sick and died. Here we are a yaer and some later and decided to try again. I have a standard 125g with live rock and aragonite select sand. It's only been a few days. Day one. I removed a bunch of sand and sucked some...
  9. Big Jay

Snorkling and Diving the Great Barrier Reef

Enjoy!
  10. Big Jay

The Nano Adventure, by Big Jay

Before I begin I would like to say hello to all my fellow reefers out there. I'm still a newb but my tank is 10+ months old as of this writing. So I'm going to post a lot of info about the last 10 months. It might take awhile but at some point you and I will make it to the present. Please take...
  11. Big Jay

New to RS.

Hello all! I'm new here. Thought I would introduce myself. I have a BC29 thats been going strong for about 9 months now. I will post a few pictures. Good day!