Search results

1. chrome91

New Reefers 55 gallon Reef Experiment

:tumble:
  2. chrome91

My brand new Deco 3g !!!!

looks good, i had the same tank but it was a bear to move stuff around in it so i ended up selling it
  3. chrome91

lol looks like youve been talking to yourself for a few weeks!
  4. chrome91

its a good refrac, ive got the same one. years ago i bought a high end one, but sold it a couple years ago. the ebay one is just as good
  5. chrome91

sump size for 180

go as big as you can
  6. chrome91

Modding Emperor 400 into a HOB Fuge. Chaeto Lighting Q's too.

you can try ebay, theres alot of small PC lights there. but really, just going to home hardware and getting a $5 desk light does the job
  7. chrome91

personally i would ditch the biowheels. if you have more than 50lbs of LR, i would just convert the whole filter to a fuge and go with option C. if you have less than 50lbs of live rock, taking away the filter pads could cause a biological upset and cause problems
  8. chrome91

i would just get a simple 13w PC light from a hardware store, 6500k. i made a aquaclear 110 fuge on my old 55g
  9. chrome91

easiest fuge is a aquaclear 110 HOB for $60, throw on a small PC light and put the HOB to the lowest flow setting
  10. chrome91

agreed, mandarins are delicate. best to wait for a while to get one the brown on your rock looks like diatoms
  11. chrome91

How often do you Feed your Fish?

yep, i feed on a random schedule too. sometimes its 7am, sometimes its 6pm. its not good for the fish to be used to a schedule, they may skip eating sometimes because they know it will come again soon
  12. chrome91

How often do you Feed your Fish?

about once every 3 days i feed my 90g freshwater tank once a week though, the 2 pacu are extremely destructive eaters and im worried they might break something
  13. chrome91

What do YOU consider "nano"?

for me, 0.5-2g is microreef, 2g-9g is pico, 10g-20g is nano
  14. chrome91

What happens if I lose power????

ive heard warm water in water bottles does nothing and just cools off fast
  15. chrome91

how to build a kreisel for jellyfish

have you kept a saltwater tank before? if this is your first time i would start with something easier than jellyfish
  16. chrome91

What happens if I lose power????

generator would run alot of the necessities but theyre pricey. battery powered air pumps are a good start, $10 at petsmart and they will keep your tank oxygenated. other than that, if it gets too cold wrap your tanks in thick cloth or some other type of insulation to keep heat in
  17. chrome91

this makes no sense

got a correct size ball valve installed, im home all day tomorrow so i can test things out
  18. chrome91

this makes no sense

cool, i didnt know if it could take it out again. i'll let the skimmer run for a day without the overflow or return pump going to get everything out again
  19. chrome91

this makes no sense

sorry for not updating. the first ball valve was too small, and now the one i got now is too big. i cut off a piece of the tubing and i'll just fit a proper ball valve at the store ive gotta change my sumps water now too, i smacked the collection cup by accident and almost a full cup of...
  20. chrome91

Fish suitable for a shallow open tank?

mines one of my favorite too. too bad i only see him once every 3-4 weeks. lol