Search results

1. djbacon

Free frags in San Francisco

A trumpet coral with about 12 heads, a 5 head hammer coral, a bunch of blue green and red mushrooms, some green and pink and orange zoas, some blue and rainbow ricordia, my acan which were thriving 2 days ago are on the way out......:cry1: Also have a maroon clown fish, a frie shrimp and and...
  2. djbacon

Free frags in San Francisco

My tank is being overrun with bubble algae but I have some healthy specimens that I am giving away before I scrub the tank and start over. I live in a condo high rise and my local FS just closed. NO isolation tank or way to save everything without a serious tank cleaning and some new live...
  3. djbacon

Ricks' Oceanic 14G Biocube - my first salt water tank

Wow, Been a long time since I posted to this thread, don't underestimate the demands of a new job. The tank is alive and oddly sorta well and sorta not. I'll post some update pics later. The trumpet and hammers and acans are going absolutely bonkers. But my zoas are dying off even...
  4. djbacon

thanks bskinn77, i think thats about as nice a compliment s one could hope to get :)
  5. djbacon

Hi everyone, it has been a short eternity since I have updated here but in truth there has been little to write about. My tank is basically full and the only notable changes are the constant pruning of mushrooms, xenia and zoas. All that said I have prepared a goofy little VIDEO...
  6. djbacon

Crabs Are Evil Society

Going out on a limb here - I had to add an emerald crab to my little nano recently to combat a bryobsis/hair algae problem I developed while away in Thailand.....the little guy has devoured all of my problem algae in the course of 2 weeks. No other issues so far.....perhaps not ALL crabs are...
  7. djbacon

I guess I got lucky - this guy is super active and runs all over the whole tank. he has managed to find every trouble spot in my tank.!! My favorite tank mate at the moment
  8. djbacon

Brief update!! the emerald crab is an algae eating machine. I am proud to repoort that I am no once again hair algae and bryopsis FREE!!! New FT shots to follow - its gotten crazy in there. definitely need a bigger tank
  9. djbacon

My First 14G Biocube Tank

Welcome aboard - I'd give this post a thorough read - it has all the info on starting a tank you could ever want. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/just-starting-out-sw-beginners/26180-newbies-little-something-cycling-breaking-new-reef-tank.html Id also echo bskinn77s comments, he...
  10. djbacon

Cyano or Dino?

Looks like some kind of cyano to me, although its usually a bit redder. You might try a chem treatment
  11. djbacon

April '09 POTM VOTING poll!

Oh man, I missed this one !!!! too bad - good luck everyone!
  12. djbacon

Thanks Craig, so far so good !
  13. djbacon

Aquariums From Around The World

Good god that the most beautiful softie tank i've ever seen !
  14. djbacon

Hi everyone, (what's up craig!) Sorry it has been so long since I have posted, as mentioned I was off in Thailand for a month and I developed a bit of an embarrassing hair algae and bryopsis problem while I was away. My firefish goby died and it just got worse. I tried everything from...
  15. djbacon

yea, it was really amazing. The whole trip was amazing. you can check out the details here if yer interested. The Life O’ Reicker cheers !!
  16. djbacon

Similan Dive pictures - see em here

Yeah it was a blast - in Koh tao I had my own camera for the firt set so the color correction is better. then it fell in the sand and the rest were taken on rentals with bad image quality. Still managed to get a few good shots in. Not too much flash, my camera had a diffuser which helps...
  17. djbacon

Hi everyone, I've been off travelling around Thailand for the last month or so. Did a lot of scuba diving while away - thought id share some pics and video I took of Koh Tao, Similan and Khao Lok while away. enjoy similan diving - a set on Flickr Khao Lok Wreck dive - a set on Flickr...
  18. djbacon

Similan Dive pictures - see em here

Hi everyone, I've been off travelling around Thailand for the last month or so. Did a lot of scuba diving while away - thought id share some pics and video I took of Koh Tao, Similan and Khao Lok while away. enjoy Similan similan diving - a set on Flickr Koh Tao koh tao scuba -...
  19. djbacon

Tori's First Marine Expedition!! nano style!

whats up tori ! regarding th SPS, your best bet is probably to get it up as high to the light in your tank as possible. I've heard about people getting birdsnest to survive under PC lighting but I think it's probably not likely, not to rain on your parade. If you aren't up to it, maybe...
  20. djbacon

well, Im off to thailand for a month - when I get back I will definitely need to do some fragging out. Especially the mushrooms too, they grow like gangbusters !!!! I had to hire the guy from my LFS to do my water changes in my absence. Kinda crazy. And a little scary. Cross your...