Recent content by tx29fan

1. tx29fan

New tank, Suggestions Please!

I agree with Doni. In a 24" deep tank the 250 would be my choice. The 14k would be my color choice as well. good luck !
  2. tx29fan

please welcome to the staff of RS

Excellent addition !!!!!!!!! Well done !!!! :bluenod:
  3. tx29fan

RO/Topup/Sump Question.

I don't use one. I use a mechanical sprinkler timer that adjusts from 15 to 120 minutes in the time mode.
  4. tx29fan

RO/Topup/Sump Question.

mine is like this
  5. tx29fan

RO/Topup/Sump Question.

I use the kent float valves as a safety backup. I have had my float valves stick and fail and have read where many pump driven valves stick open as well. This is why I choose to control my water with a mechanical timer. The water from my storage container ( I use a 5 gallon, the kind I used to...
  6. tx29fan

RO/Topup/Sump Question.

ty Doni for explaining what I was trying to..lol
  7. tx29fan

This is what it's all about

Travis...hows this...BITE me..LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. tx29fan

This is what it's all about

When I first got into saltwater tanks I bought a few frags from a guy online. When I went over to pick them up, he generously gave me xtra pieces which at the time I thought was just a *bonus*. What became of that transaction is not only did I get some xtras for my tank, I also gained a friend...
  9. tx29fan

new setup help

you will be limited on what you can keep with pc lighting. do LOTS of reading and as Dave said..have fun !!! good luck !!!
  10. tx29fan

RO/Topup/Sump Question.

I personaly look at the tds everytime I turn on my ro/di. Thats why I chose to fill a container instead of directly feeding the sump automaticly. I have my ro/di on a 120min sprinkler timer that was made to hook to your garden hose water your yard. a tee fitting supplies it and the washing...
  11. tx29fan

RO/Topup/Sump Question.

I have a 1/4 inch line that runs from my laundry room to a 5 gallon container in the closet behind my aquarium. I did a quick measure and it's about 21 feet. pressure is fine. I have a float valve in my sump to fill from the container, and one in the container to prevent accidental overfills.
  12. tx29fan

MIN,s New Wheels

when are you going to add Nitrous? :laughroll
  13. tx29fan

How many fish do you have ???

My 150 72x18x29 200 lbs live rock (1) percula clown (2) six line wrasse (3) yellowtail blue damsel (4) royal gramma (5) male zebra angel (6) female zebra angel and a green chromis currently living in the left overflow..lol (apparently these fish are jumpers. 2 jumped completely out of...
  14. tx29fan

Need some *fish* help

great reading jay Thanks !!!!