Recent content by Trinny

1. T

Red Sea Max 250 Replacement Pumps

I have the 250C and just changed my pumps to Eheim Compact 3000, replaced the hoses with new 16mm (5/8"?) and they stretched over the 19mm (3/4"?) without to much pushing. The LFS sold me the Aqua One tubing over the Eheim tubing cause it stretched easier. The new eheim pumps have made the tank...
  2. T

Red Sea Max 250 Replacement Pumps

I would be interested too, thinking of changing both pumps to the Eheim Compact 3000 as well help bring the noise and heat down a little. I will be removing the dedicated chiller pump I have too and plumbing in the chiller on the return
  3. T

RSM 250 Sump/refugium any idea ? Need one..

I wonder if our tanks have a film on the outside of the back of the tank that a small section can be cut and peeled off to add a magnetic LED light to have a in sump mini refugium.
  4. T

RSM C130 with LED ? Any experiences?

I upgraded my C250 with the Steves LED drop in kit, love it. Didn't take long to change out the lights either.
  5. T

One year aniversary

The tanks looks great! Congrats. My tank turned one a couple of days ago too
  6. T

1st Birthday

Thanks guys, so much has gone on with the tank that was quite distressing but a lot has been learnt which makes the one year mark so much sweeter!
  7. T

Hitchhiker ID help

I have no idea what they are, they looked like eggs and are not moving... Had to google those two things you mentioned Oxylebius and they seem harmless so I shouldn't be worried or look to scrape it off at this point?
  8. T

1st Birthday

9. T

1st Birthday

Today marks one year for my RSM250C, have learned a lot, loved every minute of it and very much enjoyed the tank.
  10. T

Hitchhiker ID help

Hoping to get help IDing potential hitchhikers on a coral I picked up yesterday.
  11. T

RSM C250 Replacement pumps

Love the illustration on the pictures oxylebius. Inspires me to do this swap and remove the dedicated chiller pump
  12. T

Tank Journey

The urchin hitchhiker I have lives up to its name
  13. T

Tank Journey

I knew it would be costly to start up but never anticipated how much this costs, luckily my wife likes pretty things so most of the livestock shopping includes her! I love the tank, it's in my lounge room and I watch it far more than I watch the TV.
  14. T

Tank Journey

15. T

Tank Journey

I started my first fish tank in August last year and plunged into the deep end with a mixed reef in a RSM C250. The tank has been through a lot with plenty learnt over the past 10 months. The journey has included 6 clownfish fighting, white spot after getting a blue tang, the boss yellow tang...