Recent content by torahtrance

1. T

Frogspawn not expanding just turning to limp bulbs

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
  2. T

Frogspawn not expanding just turning to limp bulbs

Hey I'm not sure what to do about my frogspawn. Had a power outage and lost about 30 gallons of water. Replaced it with boiled tap water. Lost my job so I'm stuck with no money to invest. Got some quality salt and the salinity went up more then expected from my refractometer to 26 possibly...
  3. T

What is this on my stardust?

It looks like little frogspawn or something has sprouted from my new starburst! Possible? What is it? Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
  4. T

What kind of mushroom did I get and is it doing OK?

I just got a shipment from the US in of some goodies! Poly filter eheim pump rw15 pH seachem purigen... Have ammonia 0 nitrites no idea but probably 0 and nitrates can't imagine them being higher then 0 cause I have a powerful algae scrubber and some chemical nitrate removers plus chemipure in...
  5. T

What kind of mushroom did I get and is it doing OK?

I got some mushrooms the other day and since I got them it looks like the mushrooms are shriveling up. No idea why this is happening but also I know nothing so maybe this is normal? I tried putting them in different lighting and flow conditions but don't see much improvement at all. Water...
  6. T

Found a worm in substrate! Good or bad?

Found this worm suddenly this morning! I got a couple corals last week and some dry rock i think maybe it came in with them? Reason to be alarmed?
  7. T

can you... (total noob questions!)

A few questions I wanted to ask. Not saying I am doing any of these, but they came across my mind as questions to ask.. - Can you feed the fish bugs you find around the house? If my kids see an ant, or a small spider in the house, can I throw it in the aquarium for the fish? Or is it bad...
  8. T

my 100g+ tank thread!! including lots of pics! Just getting started!

Hey! That 'wedge' is just a flat piece of wood in the front the actual stand is thick metal, very plain. I'm going to paint it over remove that wood board in the front now and make it more useful. The aquarium is level. The plant is hard to see, but its in the 6th picture in the first...
  9. T

for the lighting these lights are just for now, but I do plan on getting a really good lighting system once I build the 'holding area' for the lighitng. There is no where I can put it currently! Tank update: Notice a CRAZY amount of 'brown dust' suddenly covering a big area of the substrate...
  10. T

live rock from LFS has this algae.. is it a cause for concern?

I dont mind the algae as its a new tank, just wondering about the colors of this algae. I thought maybe the strong green color or black color means some type of terribly dangerous algae
  11. T

about the algae scrubber.... I'm just testing out the concept now.. I know its not in an ideal setting now. I still need to buy the right supplies to correctly make one, which I hope to do in the next week or two.
  12. T

guys thanks for the awesome feedback!! The bucket I have is from a friend who has a growing aquaponics setup. He is at commercial level already, using tilapia. He uses that bio media and told me this is how I want to do it. He also said I want an air bubbler in the bucket with the bio media...
  13. T

live rock from LFS has this algae.. is it a cause for concern?

this algae started growing, 3 varieties: 1) strong green 2) blackish spots 3) little hair-like algae all on the same rock, which was live rock in a tank at LFS sitting for 6+ months...