Recent content by Steve Ruddy

1. hawkclam11

hawkclam11

2. Steve Ruddy

Attention all 10k 150w de bulb lovers

Obviously a visual color comparison can't demonstrate how a coral will grow. Corals will grow under all the bulbs available. Unless your trying to win a growing race doesn't it make sense to pick a bulb that shows off your corals in a way you prefer?
  3. Steve Ruddy

The bulb color comparison will be visual only. I as well as others have posted technical data of metal halide bulbs including DE bulbs. What I will be showing is how all the DE bulbs look visually compared to each other over the same aquarium. I don't beleive technical data can give you a good...
  4. Steve Ruddy

I think you will like them. I use them for many display tanks. For aquaculture I use the 150w 50K Aqua. Retail price is $75-85 or more not on sale. I expect the price to come down if they start selling in any type of decent quantities.
  5. Steve Ruddy

I haven't seen any discussion of the Iwasaki Aqua2 20K . IMO this bulb should have been called the Aqua2 10k. It definitely is in that ball park. Based on my experience with Iwasaki bulbs in general this may be the bulb to purchase for all of those liking and using a 150w 10K de bulb. I will be...
  6. Zoanthids

Zoanthids

7. Steve Ruddy

Attention coral propagators!

Travis this link isn't working.
  8. Steve Ruddy

Blue Green Chromis

If there is a mantis shrimp in there the best time to find him is at night. Look with a flash light if you don't have any moon lighting. If you find one he most likely it will reteat to a certian rock which can be lifted out. I have had mantis shrimp in various tanks with no problems as long as...
  9. Steve Ruddy

co2 for korralin reactor where to buy?

I use MJ 400, Rio 200, and Microjet pumps. They all need and adaptor that will take the pump output down to the reactor input . Go to a hardware store with the pump and hose and they should be able to help you.
  10. Steve Ruddy

Blue Green Chromis

It might be a predetor living in the live rock. I had the same thing happen and started losing fish, it turned out to be a good size mantis shrimp.
  11. Flame Tail

Flame Tail

12. Steve Ruddy

Help Me Choose a MH Bulb

I would definitly go with a 10K bulb since you have supplemental lighting your will be keeping. This will allow you to blend the bulbs to acheive the desired color and give you more visual intensity as well. The only reason I picked the XM brand is because it is the least expensive. As far as...
  13. Steve Ruddy

Help Me Choose a MH Bulb

I would definitly go with a 10K bulb since you have supplemental lighting you will be keeping. This will allow you to blend the bulbs to acheive the desired color and give you more visual intensity as well. The only reason I picked the XM brand is because it is the least expensive. As far as...
  14. Montipora/Acropora

Montipora/Acropora