Recent content by kylemidland21

1. K

new coral

at the local store the other day i picked up this new coral and just woundered if anyone knew what type of coral it is. the coral has bleached itself but i have seen it at the store for almost 2 months now. so i know it is doing fine since the bleaching. the person at the store just didnt know...
  2. K

First Corals? What to geT?

i agree with mushrooms and the kenya tree they are what i started my tank off with. also after i had them for a couple of weeks i got galaxia.
  3. K

55g reef tank

i have not had any ammonia spikes yet. i keep a pretty good eye on the level in the tank. i do water changes every week(about 15%-20%). its only the blue and yellow sponge that are diing off. the orange seems to be doing very well. are there any specific things i could add to the tank to keep...
  4. K

55g reef tank

i have a 55g tank that has about 80lbs of rock, and 60lbs of sand. i recently got some more rock from an online source. the rock i received had mutiple sponges and thick coraline algea. i just wanted to see if anyone knew what some of the things are that i recieved on the rock. here are some...
  5. K

55g to 75g

the other question i have is when i transfer my tank, can i add more base rock into the aquarium? while having everything i have in the tank like fish and other mostly beginner coral? or will it mess with the nitrates to much?
  6. K

55g to 75g

i was thinking about switching my 75g freshwater tank and my 55g saltwater reef tank. what are the preperations i should take in the switch? will i be able to use the same sand? or should i buy new sand? i also have a question about lighting. should my t5ho be enough light for the 75g? the...
  7. K

60 gallon sea horse tank

thanks i really appreciate ur replies. i have the tank started cycling with just live sand in it with a powerhead moving the water. the website u provided was really helpfull too. what is the adverage life on the horses? ive heard most dont live past a year? or is that just because they are so...
  8. K

60 gallon sea horse tank

the refugum is what i wanted to get for them. and at what temps should the water be for them? they eat pods like the green mandarin? i havent done too much searching for info on the ponies. i am actually setting up the tank for my mom... she only wants seahorses so i told her i would try to set...
  9. K

60 gallon sea horse tank

im setting up a 60g tank that i am looking to put seahorses in. i was woundering about the best setup i could have for the seahorses. would it be better to use a canister filter or set up a refugum. and i was planning on maybe some coral and live rock in the tank. lighting i was going to go with...
  10. green hammer coral

green hammer coral

11. K

new bta...

i have aquired a new bta. i was just woundering if i was taking the right steps in keeping it healthy. i watch the levels of the water very closely(do my water changes when needed). my nitrate and ammonia levels are at 0. i also feed it every 4-5 days with dried shrimp. its very neet how they...
  12. K

Aiptasia plagues...

i have only had a couple aptasia. i tried joes juice and it worked almost instantly. but its 20 dollars a kit. so i got 2 peppermint shrimp. i shouldnt have to buy anything else to get rid of them. since i added the shrimp ive not seen 1 aptasia in my tank.
  13. K

newer sw aquarium need help with basics

i was told about the mandarin and how finicky it is. i bought some live food for him and it looks like hes doin very well. thanks for the suggestions and help. i also heard about turning the light off for like 2 days. would that work to try to get rid of the algae or would it hurt my coral...
  14. K

newer sw aquarium need help with basics

i have had my sw tank for prolly 2 months now. i started it out with just live rock and started adding to it. i have a t5 light(2 12000k bulbs, 2 actinic bulbs, 4 lcd lights) and i want to know if it is good enough for the 55g tank? also i have had some trouble now with brown and green algae on...