Recent content by jessemac

1. J

Im at it again...... office tank

Very nice! There are some awesome pieces of LR in there as well as some amazing fish.
  2. J

Need Corals ID please

Thanks, I am running 2x 175 MH both 14k Bulbs, 4x 54w T5 (1x Actinic, 1x Purple plus, 2x Blue Plus) over my 90gal 48L x 18D x 24H. So I placed the disticophora under a shaded area with medium to low flow and the Hydno directly under the MH centered in the tank with medium to strong current...
  3. J

kinda feel like im in over my head here

Sounds like you are doing great thus far, keep up the good work and regualr testing. You'll do fine and soon be so glad you stuck with the 100 and not opted to go back to the 55, trust me! I too would ditch the canister filters, maybe keep one just for a good quality carbon media and phosphate...
  4. J

coral placement reference

Found this trhead through my searches for an ID and care for what I now know is a Hydnophora. Great Thread and thanks to all those who took the time to share the info, even though this thread is several years old, it still has relavence and is very informative.
  5. J

Need Corals ID please

Thank you for your input, it led me to several different sites.
  6. J

Need Corals ID please

I have found out what the fleshy green blue plate like coral is. It appears to be a Hydnophora, another name it has been known by is the Horn Coral as it can either be a branching, semi branching or more plate like. It prefers moderate to high light, moderate to high current but, from what...
  7. J

Need Corals ID please

I will look for a good spot. As for the other one, there arent any single polups on it, it is one continuous fleshy mass similar to a plate coral in a sense. though there are some openings that you can see the base through and Im assuming that is the skeleton, but these spots arent dead spots...
  8. J

Need Corals ID please

Thank you. I was thinking that the orange one was a Disticophora as well. I just wasnt certain of it. I will do my best to take care of it. My tank has been running for 2 years now so it is pretty well established. Im thinking that I may need to try and mount the coral under neath an over hang...
  9. J

Need Corals ID please

Hello everyone, I have two Corals I would greatly appreciate some info on and the correct ID as I dont think either store I purchased them form new for sure what they were even though they gave me names for both. The first is what I was told as an Orange Disticophora and this one actually...
  10. J

Green mandarin - Synchiropus splendidus

Awesome, thanks for the info. Also, very nice looking scooter. I think they are a neat fish as well. Do you have any issues between the scooter and the Mandarin?
  11. J

Green mandarin - Synchiropus splendidus

Great pair, absolutely beautiful! I love these fishes, I have one myself and have wanted to try and get a pair. Though I am hesitant to do so as I am not sure what sex mine is. I believe a male, but not certain. Is there a way to know for sure with the Green Mandarin?
  12. J

New here

In the past I have not and never had a problem. As with the tank wipe, it happened over night, literally every died! With the current fish in my tank as of now I once again did not, being I know my tank is good. Two weeks ago I added 3 new inhabitants to it and all at the same time from the same...
  13. J

New here

My apologies for my delayed response to my own posting. Thank you all for being so welcoming.
  14. J

Emrald Crab eating newly purchased polyps :'(

I have heard of others saying that there emerald crabs have picked on there polyps as well. Though I have never seen it myself.
  15. J

should i invest in a protein skimmer?

Definitely get a skimmer. It can be done without one but, requires an increase in water changes and more discipline on the aquarist part. I would run a skimmer and a sump refuge with cheato. Also, the skimmer isn't the place to cut corners. Get a quality skimmer and one rated at minimum of your...