Recent content by jensthemom

1. jensthemom

Fury Looking Snails in Canister Filter??

Looks like the pix on this link: http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/files/qtip_sponge_842.jpg I'm reading that they seem to mean your tank is healthy. I also have them in my protein skimmer chamber as well. Should I try and leave them in the canister filter? Jennifer
  2. jensthemom

Fury Looking Snails in Canister Filter??

I have some fury looking snail like things all over my canister filter. Haven't noticed these in the past. What might they be and should I leave them in there. I am cleaning the filter. Jennifer
  3. jensthemom

I had a jumper!

Lynn Does the eggcrate diffuse the lights at all? I used eggcrate under my LR. Jen
  4. jensthemom

I had a jumper!

I am sad to say - I had a jumper today and the end result was the death of one of my first and most favorite fish, Rasmussen the red headed fairy wrasse.:tears: This was the 4th time he jumped ship and the only time we didn't see him do it! He was quite a flyer and one time smacked me in the...
  5. jensthemom

Numbers High - What to do?

The more I look into building a sump, it doesn't seem that difficult. Is this the best way to go and if so can I just use a pond pump? I have 2 pumps in my koi pond and they seem to be a bit cheaper. If this is a good idea how large of a pump do I need for a 75 gallon. Can anyone send me a...
  6. jensthemom

Spot Feeding Gorgonians

Actually, I must admit this is the only purchase I did not research first and just thought it was really cool looking. I put it in the back corner of the tank so it has lower light and I am feeding it and it seems to be doing ok. I will do my best to protect him. I know it was a stupid...
  7. jensthemom

What corals can touch one another?

Thanks! Do you leave carbon filters in all the time. I heard you should only keep them in a month or so and out a month or so????? Jen
  8. jensthemom

LR Layout

I probably do spend too much time staring at my tank. School starts in three weeks and I'll have even more time. Heee Heee Heee
  9. jensthemom

What do you think about this equipment??

Thanks - I am not rushing into anything. I guess I was confused about wet/dry verses sump. I will definately check out all the prices better this time around and I can see that I have paid waaaaayyyy tooooo much for what I already have. Is it easier and/or cheaper to build your own sump...
  10. Tang coming through

Tang coming through

11. Tank_Pix_07_31_08_009

Tank_Pix_07_31_08_009

12. PJ 2

PJ 2

13. PJ Cardinal

PJ Cardinal

14. Pink Tip Eating Silverside

Pink Tip Eating Silverside

Mealtime!