Recent content by angel01051977

1. A

Moving Charleston SC

AWESOME! We're moving to James Island or Mount Pleasant. Should be moving in the last few weeks of January. I was in SHOCK when I couldn't find any LFS for saltwater in the greater area. I found an awesome store in Charlotte, but driving 4 hours each month for new stock is a bit much. We...
  2. A

Moving Charleston SC

Help!!! Anyone in Charleston SC or nearby? We're moving there in a few weeks. The reef tank did surprisingly well this last move, but I'm a bit nervous moving it 11 hours from Pensacola to Charleston. I lost my ENTIRE STOCK of african cichlids in the last move (8 foot tank of around $4,000...
  3. A

anyone from Jacksonville?

Just wondering if anyone was near me on here? I live in Jax FL. Also, does anyone on here have any blastomussa wellsi coral frags for sale? Hubby found a beautiful 4" specimen, but I'm just getting started out and it was $70. Probably still a good deal, but I am so afraid it won't do well...
  4. A

Lights ok for my tank? How turn wet/dry into sump???

Ok, so I just puchased a very established (should I say coraline encrusted with no view in) tank and I am finding out a bit of the stuff is not the best. He had a wet/dry, which I hear I can just turn into a sump by removing the blue bio-balls. Is that correct? I just take them out? The...
  5. star_polyp

star_polyp

Anyone have any idea what these star-shaped things are on my glass after tank set-up? There are about 20 of them. I think they are polyps from the star coral that was in the tank before I bought it. If so,will they reproduce into a whole coral?
  6. feather_duster

feather_duster

tan and white feather duster there are two on one piece of live rock
  7. red_feather_dusters

red_feather_dusters

I just found these bright red feather dusters or fanworms this morning before tank lights went on. They stayed out after lights on. They're all on the piece of frogspawn coral. Will they hurt it?
  8. brittle_star_fish

brittle_star_fish

super tiny white brittle star I *believe* this is a dwarf brittle...it is smaller than my pinky fingernail. SUPER TINY! Is it reef safe? I seem to have a few that come out after dark..
  9. middle2

middle2

caves
  10. allclear

allclear

cleared up some
  11. all_cleared_u

all_cleared_u

finally clearing up
  12. feather_duster

feather_duster

is this a feather duster? found two of them in my live rock
  13. two_gel_blobs

two_gel_blobs

these two blobs are in with my mushrooms they look like jelly blobs they are coral of some sort
  14. has_fluorescent_greeen_tips

has_fluorescent_greeen_tips

any idea what these guys are??? came in on live rock with corals they have fluoresent green tips
  15. star_polyp

star_polyp

what is this little guy??? they're all over my glass...they're only a cm or so across maybe a coral spore of some sort looks just like a star