Recent content by amee6730

1. A

bio balls

I didn't think about that area not being submerged. Guess that's out. I'll just take them out.
  2. A

Baby skunk cleaners

It would be a lot of fun to raise them. I would say I want first dibs on a few if you figure it out, but my long nose hawk would have a big fat belly! Good luck with the next try!
  3. A

New sump

Now I just have to get the new skimmer and throw it in, put everything where I want it, and hide the wires. My dad is going to enclose everything and put the doors back on the stand for me. I have to get some kind of a lock to put on the doors sinse the sump is there now. My son just loves...
  4. A

New sump

I've got the auto top off working. I really like this thing. It was a breeze to hook up. If I can do it, anybody can do it. Here are a few pictures... This one shows a power head inside of a trash can with ro/di. Airline tubing is attatched to the power head and ran to the sump...
  5. A

New sump

I haven't got the auto top off going yet, but I'm working on that now. I'll post pictures when I'm done.
  6. A

New sump

Finally some pictures.. The first is of the sump. I'm going to remove the bio balls and replace it live rock. The new skimmer will go in the middle. The return pump (mag 7) is on the left. The next one is of the overflow. The airline tubing was rigged up to help the noise from...
  7. A

bio balls

Thanks guys. I'll take them out and replace it with rock.
  8. A

Baby skunk cleaners

ditto on the A+ for effort. If you don't ever get them to grow, it's still not a total loss. About everything in the tank will eat the babies...free food!
  9. A

bio balls

I have bio balls in the new sump. (been up for 2 or 3 days) What is the real purpose of these if any? Should I remove them? Can I remove them all at once sinse they have only been there a short time?
  10. A

New sump

I can't wait for the skimmer to get here. I've been doing a lot of tank upgrades lately and haven't been buying much livestock, so the tank looks kind of bare. But in the long run I know it will pay off and I can keep some more delicate stuff.
  11. A

New sump

I just bought a new ASM g2 skimmer. I can't wait to get that fired up. Still haven't got any pictures of the sump. I'm going to work on the return later today. I only have flexible tubing going from the return up to the tank right now. I'll get it like I want it soon. I'm just too busy...
  12. A

New sump

Not a club I'm happy to be apart of, but I have paid my dues and accept the invitation. :) I can't sleep now because things sound different than before. Makes me nervous. Maybe I just need more Crown...:clink:
  13. A

New sump

I just finished installing my very first sump all by myself! Thanks to everyone that answered my many questions. Now excuse me while I celebrate and pat myself on the back! :shades: :whstlr: :snshne: :clink: I only had one major flood and one minor one. The major one was when the return...
  14. A

Testing news

I couldn't resist either. This looks like a nice new feature.
  15. A

swimming worms

I knew I had just read about it somewhere but I just couldn't remember what I had read. I must have been half asleep. :)