Recent content by ALreefer

1. A

Live rock and coral frags near Huntsville, AL

All the rock is still available. The coral and fish should be gone this weekend so the rock will need to go as well. I don't know how to post picture but I will be glad to email some upon request. Thanks.
  2. A

Live rock and coral frags near Huntsville, AL

Hello all. I regrettably must tear down my aquarium. I have about 120 pounds of live rock for sale. I am asking $300 for the live rock. I also have several coral frags, and some more mature colonies that must go. Mostly SPS and a few LPS. PM or reply for details. Thanks.
  3. A

Water movement suggestions

According to the Hydor website clicking on startup is normal for that powerhead. It is because of the rubber stopper that prevents it from running backwards, at least according to Hydor. I have decided to add another Evo 1400 and see how I like it, and maybe add another later on. I cleaned my...
  4. A

Yellow Watchmen NOT Yellow?

I think it has to do with lighting as well. I used to have one that must have enjoyed it better in the sump than in the tank because every time I would put him back in the DT he would find his way back down into the sump. Whenever it was in the main tank it would be very brightly colored yellow...
  5. A

Thanks for the input Alien2100. I did not plan on using a wave maker because the constant clicking noise drives me crazy. That being said I do have a wave maker and could incorporate it if it would be in the best interest of my reef. The reason I was looking into getting a more powerful power...
  6. A

what bulb for my fuge?

I use a 6500k 65 watt equivalent florescent flood lamp and it works great. I went to Lowes and got a cheap clamp on work light and put that bulb in it.
  7. A

Yes this is correct. I have planned to upgrade to possibly a mag 7 but anymore than that and I would be worried about too much for the overflow to handle. Anyways its not the return flow in which I am looking into upgrading, it is the water movement for coral. Any suggestions?
  8. A

Haha believe me I wish I could do that but I can't afford that nice of a setup. So you think 2 strong power heads would be better than 4 weaker power heads?
  9. A

I am looking into upgrading/adding water movement to my reef. I am going toward an SPS dominant with just a few LPS. My tank is a 90 with Mag 5 return pump and 2 Koralia Evo 1400 wavemakers on either side of the tank. My question being for my tank to thrive as SPS dominant should I add a very...
  10. A

Wavemakers

If you are referring the Koralia Evolution powerheads you should know they make a click noise when they turn on. Its not a very loud click but if your tank is in your bedroom it can get VERY annoying. I had two of the 1400 models on a wavemaker and they work great except for the noise. I ended...
  11. A

Fish Shops in North Alabama

I have never been to Fin and Frags so I cannot comment, but I have heard good things about them. I have been in The Aquarium shop a few times but never bought anything, and never will. The store associates act like they don't want to help anybody with anything and the marine aquatic life looks...
  12. A

Hydrometer Horror

I just recently purchased a refractometer so I would no longer have to rely on my LFS for an accurate reading. I have been using a deep six hydrometer and surprisingly it is reading accurately, or at least it is reading the same as my new refractometer and my LFS's hydrometer. Kind of sad to say...
  13. A

Carbon source dosing

OK after some mind debate I am feeling a bit less cautious toward trying vodka dosing. If I start a vodka dosing routine and decide in the future to completely stop carbon dosing or change to Prodibio would there be any problem associated with the change? The big thing about vodka dosing is the...
  14. A

Carbon source dosing

Vodka dosing definitely sounds too iffy for me to try. I have too much time and money in my tank for disasters. I have decided to try Prodibio or Brightwell. Most likely Prodibio. Are there any members here with success using either of these products?
  15. A

Carbon source dosing

I appreciate the input Frankie. Boozing up the tank did sound a bit skeptical to me. I have looked into zeovit but I am afraid it is too involved for my experience level and the amount of time I can devote to the tank every day. I tested nitrates tonight and according to an API test it is at 0...