Terry's RSM250

RSM250

Well I got my two Cardinal Banggai's but the Clown fish chase them away so they have been hanging out where the Vortech MP10 is & this morning I noticed the males top dorsal fin missing so I believe it went into the Vortech, have to hope that they find a safer place to hang out, will the fin grow back does anyone know?.

The other thing is I want to look at setting up a automatic water topup & maybe a dosing pump can anyone show me how to do in the RSM250.

RSM250

Hey thanks for the reply Glenn, looked at the video & I will certainly look into one of those they sound great, it now seems its not the pump thats done the damage to the Banggai, its the Clownfish, I read up about the Banggai's before I brought them & even asked where I was getting them from to see if they were compaitable even looked at a compaitability chart & all said they would be fine together, ones already dead & think the other will soon follow.

This is what the Clownfish did.
CardinalBanggai-1.jpg

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
:( Sorry to see that Terry. As far as compatability goes, even though that's what the books say there is always an exception to the rule. Clowns can get pretty nasty and it looks like you may have one of those.

As far as an ATO goes, I have the Tunze and it is one of the best purchases that I have ever made. I have my sensors in the right hand chamber as the water level stays more constant in that side compared to the left. I have a Kamoer 3 head dosing unit too which is also very good. There are probably better ones out there but for the price you can't go wrong.

RSM250

Both Cardinal Banggai's dead now, certainly not compaitable with Clownfish there's $155.00 lesson.

:( Sorry to see that Terry. As far as compatability goes, even though that's what the books say there is always an exception to the rule. Clowns can get pretty nasty and it looks like you may have one of those.

As far as an ATO goes, I have the Tunze and it is one of the best purchases that I have ever made. I have my sensors in the right hand chamber as the water level stays more constant in that side compared to the left. I have a Kamoer 3 head dosing unit too which is also very good. There are probably better ones out there but for the price you can't go wrong.

Thanks for the information Leigh, do you know if there's anyone who has made modifications to the hood to replace the T5s with LED's?.

Tokalosh

Terry

I had two black and white clowns in my last tank for 6 months, then one day they went across to the dark side and started to chase and hunt down other fish in my tank.

It was almost as if they went mad, I had to take then back to my LFS and trade them in for a single Tomato clown.

Tok

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Sorry to hear... about the Banggai's... guess every clown is different, my tank breed Ocellaris clownfish are so peaceful, have never bothered a fish even once & I can even put my hands in the tank right next to their eggs & they don't mind.

RSM250

Wow. So sorry about the Cardinals! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry

I had two black and white clowns in my last tank for 6 months, then one day they went across to the dark side and started to chase and hunt down other fish in my tank.

It was almost as if they went mad, I had to take then back to my LFS and trade them in for a single Tomato clown.

Tok

Sorry to hear... about the Banggai's... guess every clown is different, my tank breed Ocellaris clownfish are so peaceful, have never bothered a fish even once & I can even put my hands in the tank right next to their eggs & they don't mind.

Thanks for the replies everyone, the Clownfish don't bother any of the other fish I think it was that they were at the same level of water space, the male Clown didn't do anything just the female, when I clean sometimes near her she will go at my hand, my Tang also tries to hit my hand or anything else I use for
cleaning, tries to flick me with the spur on its tail.

RSM250

:I have my sensors in the right hand chamber as the water level stays more constant in that side compared to the left.

I use a Tunze osmolater for my ATO as well on my 250. It was super easy to hook up, and I only have to fill my 5g bucket with ro/di once a week.

Thanks John, Leigh wondering which way your facing so you are saying that where the chiller hoses go or are you meaning the filter compartment, I haven't even found where to get one from yet, looks like I will have to buy in from another country.

Also I'm kind of interested in the Purple Dottyback but when I checkout compaitabity it says caution with the Mandarin, says Yellow Tang, Clownfish, Goby all fine, be interested to hear from anyone with a Dottyback to see what they think.

RSM250

Wondering would it be alright to have a Blue Tang in my 250L, I know they get about 12" but what I've read is that it could take years to get to that size as I believe they could live up to 20 years.

lethal

Terry, I call the chamber with the chiller pipe attachment the right hand side, hope that helps. I'm surprised you can't find a supplier in NZ, they are a very popular ATO.

lethal

I just use a 9 litre bucket which I have in the left hand side of the cabinet, it seems to work well. Here is another link for one, a bit cheaper but i'm not sure about freight to NZ. I have bought from them before and they are ok.

Water Pumps for Ponds and Aquarium

GregT

Tunze ATO's are available from shops in Auckland Terry. I'll check and PM you.
My Blue Tang and Yellow Tang are best mates. No noticable growth from my Blue since I got it @ 18mths ago.

RSM250

Tunze ATO's are available from shops in Auckland Terry. I'll check and PM you.
My Blue Tang and Yellow Tang are best mates. No noticable growth from my Blue since I got it @ 18mths ago.

Hi Greg, did you add the Blue first or the Yellow?, I know that a lot of people say that a RSM250 is to small for a Blue, I don't know what else I could get for my tank that would be compaitable with everything, my corals are doing alright that I got of Brendon how are yours doing?.

I just use a 9 litre bucket which I have in the left hand side of the cabinet, it seems to work well. Here is another link for one, a bit cheaper but i'm not sure about freight to NZ. I have bought from them before and they are ok.

Water Pumps for Ponds and Aquarium

Hi Leigh thanks for the link I'll check it out & thanks for info on container.

GregT

Hi Terry,
I added the Blue first and the Yellow 10 months later. Didn't have any agro as I moved some of the rockwork at the same time.
Both Tangs are smaller than yours slightly. You dont have a high loading in your tank either.

My corals from Brendon are doing great too with good growth and colour. I had to move two when my stupid anemones decided to go for a walk.

How're you finding the Zeovit?