Jeremy's 90 Gallon Build Mayhem!!

lcstorc

I think that makes a lot of sense.
Moving livestock is a lot of work so if there is nothing you are really attached to then it is a logical plan.

jgking21

Agreed, good plan! Get settled into College, get used to your routine and have fun. You'll get back into reefing soon enough!

Willie McDaries

that'll give you some time to think about your next set-up,and really do some extra planning so it can be better than before :).........but you need to concentrate on your education,if you're going into marine biology,just think of the people you can help with your new found learnings,and most importantly you may help save the natural reef,by helping to educate others :thumbup:

dianezoo

You might be able to sell off your rock and sand and whatever on a local craigs list? Keep your tank and setup. I think your decision is a mature approach to your current life situation. Kudos to your reasoning. Stay with us even if your are tank less.

Jeremy0322

You might be able to sell off your rock and sand and whatever on a local craigs list? Keep your tank and setup. I think your decision is a mature approach to your current life situation. Kudos to your reasoning. Stay with us even if your are tank less.

Im keeping the sand and rock until I figure out if the tank is going back up or not, I dont want to have to buy new if I am setting back up.

Basile

Hey buddy just cought up. I'm on the ship like i said in Willy's thread; this year we have internet. Its from are tracking satelite. Its not high speed but its cool anyway. We have some limited time for each guys. We are 25 and most are free after supper only . So its a bit crowded. I'll post sometime and wont be totally cut off, wooohoo!:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

I think your decision is mature one and right. You'll be able to focus on studies and not having a distraction . Great call. Take care and stay in touch.

Jeremy0322

Great to hear from you Basile, hows Boat life treating you?

And if anyone thinks that taking the tank down will make me leave the forums they have another thing coming lol

Miltonic

sorry to hear you are taking down your tank but good luck with school and hopefully you'll be able re set it back up soon.

Jeremy0322

sorry to hear you are taking down your tank but good luck with school and hopefully you'll be able re set it back up soon.

This isnt just for Miltonic but for everyone but I really appreciate the support, its comforting in a way knowing that everything thinks im making the right decision.

I will be setting a new one up at some point when I get down there, jsut have not decided on a size yet

Jeremy0322

Alright, im officially worn out! I started at about noon and am finally done, the tank is down, a temporary tank for the frags and CUC is setup, and everything is in boxed, coolers, or buckets :lol:

Miltonic

I was worn out exactly like you on Wednesday when I took down my 44g fw tank moved it and resat everything back.

mps9506

Had to catch up on the thread. Dunno if i told you yet or not, but if you need an aquarium care fix, volunteer and intern positions are available down here at the Ft Fisher aquarium. Take advantage of it while you are down here. I had a blast while I was there and they have an awesome bunch that works there. My approach to my personal aquarium was totally altered after interning there.
And of course the uncw marine bio dept has a mariculture program that you can get involved in, raising, everything from clownfish to grouper to clams.

Jeremy0322

Had to catch up on the thread. Dunno if i told you yet or not, but if you need an aquarium care fix, volunteer and intern positions are available down here at the Ft Fisher aquarium. Take advantage of it while you are down here. I had a blast while I was there and they have an awesome bunch that works there. My approach to my personal aquarium was totally altered after interning there.
And of course the uncw marine bio dept has a mariculture program that you can get involved in, raising, everything from clownfish to grouper to clams.

Oh thank god those are available, im afraid I would go insane at this point if I wasnt able to care for something like this, although...maybe that means I have already hit the point of insanity haha

Jeremy0322

How you been doing Basile. I was in Maryland for a while recently, and then have been super busy. How was the big ol' boat ride?

Basile

How you been doing Basile. I was in Maryland for a while recently, and then have been super busy. How was the big ol' boat ride?

Hey , a come back yourself lol. I was about to send an seal extraction team for ya lol.

The ship ride was good, but its what happened when i was gone that was ****ty. My 67 G RO/DI tank burst open and my condo and the one under me got flooded. $ 8 000 damages on both are places. The board is sueing me and are banning aquariums in the building. So i decided to finish and get my 65 g running and now i've decided to fight without them knowing it, i'm looking to install a 250 G after my 65 g is stable. I hate totalerism.

Jeremy0322

Hey , a come back yourself lol. I was about to send an seal extraction team for ya lol.

The ship ride was good, but its what happened when i was gone that was ****ty. My 67 G RO/DI tank burst open and my condo and the one under me got flooded. $ 8 000 damages on both are places. The board is sueing me and are banning aquariums in the building. So i decided to finish and get my 65 g running and now i've decided to fight without them knowing it, i'm looking to install a 250 G after my 65 g is stable. I hate totalerism.

well go you! :lol:

Jeremy0322

Its been a while, but I am finally settled in and everything and figured I would let everyone know im still alive. How has everyone been doing? I love it down here, its awesome, sooo much better than PA. Sadly, I wasnt able to bring a tank down with me, but I will be changing that shortly with something small I hope, im really not liking not having anything set up thats for sure.

I just figured I would stop by and see how everyone was doing, hope to be around more often, even though this lovely Marine Biology course load isnt offering a ton of free time, and what is available either goes to clubs or the beach lol