Ecotech Radion's Ordered ( for RSM 250)

Antonbdp

5ecafeba-4fc0-d8ee.jpg

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?u2sqdl

NativeTrout

Hey Chris, how is this working out? Do you have the fans in the lighting compartment still running? Are you just using the stock timer to control them still?

I connected the fans in the lighting compartment to the stock timer and have these on from about 30 mins before the lights come on to about 30 mins after. The water temperature itself hasn't changed much. After running a few tests it seems as if the skimmer's adding a few degrees to the water temperature.

The lights themselves are great and working well. I've used custom settings so they come on gradually from around 10h30 while I'm at work and and brighten to a tropical sun for around 8 hours then start dimming back down over about 1 1/2 hours (switching off at around 22h30). I'm still playing with the overall spectrum and currently, and although not very natural I've set it so that the green, white and light blue's dim first, leaving an almost actinic and red glow in the tank before lights off which makes the corals and anemones glow unnaturally but beautifully. I'm guessing the benefit here's all mine as the fish colours end up looking pretty wierd. Purple Stripe Pseudochromis is normally predominantly yellow ands up glowing pink, red and purple.

Regards

Chris

I'm guessing you're referring to the black metal on the lights? None - The lights are behind the old plastic cover and are bone dry. I was in there a couple of nights ago fine tuning the spectrum and they were still in good condition. No salt marks, no rust. Just looked through the vents and although its a big glare in there couldn't see anything untoward.

NativeTrout

Hey Chris, the radios still doing well after a month? Tank looking good? I am thinking of gng this route, but with the high price tag, I want to make sure the in the hood install will work longer term. Thanks!

Radions are still doing well, tank is doing well also. Opened the lid last night to connect the USB and make a few minor spectrum changes and reducing the lightning storm frequency and the standard light cover in the hood's still sealing well. The inside of the hood was dry. Still very happy with the lights and the ability to customise the spectrum to really bring out the colours in the corals.

If you do go down this route and need any pointers, feel free to shout. There are more pictures of the upgrade on dropbox but it needs an email address to view. If you'd like to see them PM me your email address and I'll add you to the list of viewers.

Good luck with your choice.

Chris

Well done Chris, you've done a fantastic job and yes mate I'm from SA.

Tok

Baaie Dankie, ek ook.

Although born in the UK, forlks emigrated when I was ten. I grew up in SA (mostly Gauteng), wife's from Durban. Been moving around since leaving, lived in Malaysia for a year or two, the US for a short spell, UK for a while, Germany, back to the UK, Qatar and now Oman; having visted 34 countries or so in between...

See you're in London, at least you have reasonable LFS around there. Supply not that good here with little variety but easy access to free, clean seawater, snails and hermits running around in hordes on some beaches.

Later

Chris

Tokalosh

Baaie Dankie, ek ook.

Although born in the UK, forlks emigrated when I was ten. I grew up in SA (mostly Gauteng), wife's from Durban. Been moving around since leaving, lived in Malaysia for a year or two, the US for a short spell, UK for a while, Germany, back to the UK, Qatar and now Oman; having visted 34 countries or so in between...

See you're in London, at least you have reasonable LFS around there. Supply not that good here with little variety but easy access to free, clean seawater, snails and hermits running around in hordes on some beaches.

Later

Chris

Hey Boet

Something tells me you like to travel. That's how I got here and forgot to leave.
No just kidding, the only reason I love the UK is for the weather... ;-) oh and the great variety of LFS.

When last did you have some Biltong?

Dario

When last did you have some Biltong?
Dario

I have a desk drawer full of it at work. There's an outfit in Dubai called Spinneys which is SA managed. Their local branches in Oman (Al Fair) stock Biltong, Droewors and Boerewors (and Oumas Rusks, Jungle Oats, Ceres Fruit Juices etc). Their stock runs out for weeks on end though so when it arrives I buy a heap of it, hence the drawer full...

I have the locals enjoying it. One of them keeps wanting me to help him make Camel biltong. Reckons he can buy a whole camel for about U$D600... Tried a camel burger recently. Wasn't too bad I guess.

Later

Chris

CPD1818

I am new to the forums, but have an RSM 250. I'm surprised a lot more people don't do what I did and that's have a nice custom canopy made. I found a guy that did it in matte black like the stand and even my wife approves. I too plan on picking up a Radion LED> Does anyone plan on trying just one unit in the 250? It looks like it would require 1 1/2 so two might be too much and wondering if one won't be enough?????

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I am new to the forums, but have an RSM 250. I'm surprised a lot more people don't do what I did and that's have a nice custom canopy made. I found a guy that did it in matte black like the stand and even my wife approves. I too plan on picking up a Radion LED> Does anyone plan on trying just one unit in the 250? It looks like it would require 1 1/2 so two might be too much and wondering if one won't be enough?????

Pictures or it didn't happen :D:D:D