Zombie Eye Zoas / Fire & Ice Zoas.

new reefer 03

hey, im just wondering how much 3-4" of these may be worth. the price im looking at right now seems a little pricy, but they are rare... just wanted your opinion before i let this deal go.
Thanks

not the actual colony, just what they look like.
ZombieEyeZoa.jpg

ZAPCOnj

FYI fire and ice Zoas look more like this:

Fire%20&%20Ice%20Zoolg.jpg

or this
DSC01890.jpg
depending on your lighthing and how long they have been in your tank (adjusted to lighting).

the ones you have pictured there almost look like parrot eyes. its hard to tell.. either way they are nice looking zoas.

new reefer 03

then what are the thing m thnkng of?
"Fire and Ice" Zoanthids, Sea Mat, Colony Rock, Colonial Anemones
Any of those???

either way, how much would you pay for them? its between them, and some other zoas half the price. lol.

ZAPCOnj

then what are the thing m thnkng of?
Any of those???

either way, how much would you pay for them? its between them, and some other zoas half the price. lol.

• Zoanthids = type of coral. they are also known as "Zoa's" or "sea Mats" because of their growth. they tend to grow in "mats" that cover rocks.
  • Colony Rock = Most polyp type corals such as zoanthids that are in large clumps like your photo are referred to as a "colony" the colony is on a rock so people call it a Colony Rock
  • Colonial Anemones = I dunno cant help ya there

depending on how many polpys are on the frag. If it's a 2" frag and there are only 10 polyps on it then i would not pay more than $20 locally for it, online i would shoot for the same but you have to factor in shipping that is usually around $30 - $40 depending on the carrier..... the $20 price does not apply to Uber rare zoas, you can expect to pay more for them... on the other hand if there are 50+ polyps on the 2" plug then it's worth a little more. More polpys and rareness = worth more

I've seen Fire and ice zoas online for $20 for a 10 - 15 polyp frag plus shipping

new reefer 03

haha if get them, your n line faust :)

Zombie Eye Zoanthids, Medium: over 3-4", Solomon

Other Common Names

Description
Zoanthids are a big favorite among reef aquarists. Their bright and interesting color combinations are sure to excite you. Zoanthids are a great coral for coverage of live rock. These polyps will frequently come attached to old coral colonies, oyster shells, and other interesting shaped rocks.

Solomon Zoanthids form thick mats that will quickly spread from the rock they come on to adjacent pieces of live rock. Zombie Eye Zoanthids are among our most favorite corals. They are characterized by their bright orange mouths with pale to light blue inner rings. They will usually have a skirt in some shade of green as well. Zoanthids are a member of the Palythoa family and excrete a toxin that is harmful to humans. Gloves should be worn when handling this coral, especially if you have cuts or abrasions on your hands.

Diet
Requires little to no supplemental feeding as they are mostly photosynthetic but will appreciate the occasional target feeding of planktivore foods and meaty foods chopped or blended finely. We recommend using Cyclopeeze as a supplemental food or try our Blue Zoo Mix which is rich in both Cyclopeeze and Golden Pearls.

thats all of the info for them. they are lsisted as $60. good buy, or no?

faust

well cole, i would contact them and ask what am i getting for my money. i understand the i want it factor. but i have learned to be frugal. i have been given so many tyree le zoas for free that i have a hard time justify the price of them. i have got on a blue kick lately but i'm not going to give up 20 a head for anything. not when i know sooner or later i can get a frag for free or in a trade

yungreefer2410

well then if its that picture up there then yes it seems like a very good deal. i try to buy locally because you see them and no waiting

Jeremy0322

Ill be in line after faust for the fragging session! I have been looking for zombie eyes for a long time now!

new reefer 03

Ill be in line after faust for the fragging session! I have been looking for zombie eyes for a long time now!

sorry guys i didnt get them. i got the 4-5.5" version of... Halloween Zoanthids - Zoanthus spp.

dunno when they will be here... my snails are still on back order :tears:

the halloweens were brighter i thought, and also much better pricing. the zombies have nice colors, but arent as bright as these. these will "pop" in my tank, and be the venter piece lol