Zak's RSM250

David Shaw

I used to use RowaPhos. It is really good but just so messy with its fine particles.

I now stick with Purigen and SeaGel. Both come self contained in a mesh bag and all you do is pop them in the tank, no mess, no fuss and just easier to use, both with great results.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Tom - No mention of a wireless MP20 - only 10 & 40. I remember early on reading that MP20 isn't set up with the right driver - why many in my local club had to upgrade to an MP40 to get that capability for 2 pumps.

tnwillia

My bad Terry, I thought I saw "W" ES on all 3 but your right not for the 20. Thanks for catching me!

Shamus

I think Terry's right. I don't think the MP20 is getting the new driver - you have to convert it to an MP40 to get wireless capability.

Nowellsy SNR

FAQ
Will the MP20 be available with an EcoSmart driver?

No, at this point, the MP20 will not be available as an EcoSmart model.

Taken from Ecotech's website

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Tom - I wasn't trying to "catch" you LOL! Just trying to prevent anyone thinking they could run the MP20 wireless with another Vortech. The MP20 isn't getting much support from Vortech and I have a feeling it'll eventually be dropped. To get the new driver on my MP20 I have to pay more, as it has to be upgraded to an MP40 at the same time. Wish they had the MP10 when I got my MP20 - I would have gotten that instead.

Thanks Anthony!

zak786

So I got the D & D Rowaphos sponge... does the job fine bit expensive but convenient and no mess so suitable. So it looks like another MP40w then I guess ?

zak786

Sorry...Been away from here for a while...been crazy busy with work...So I have lost my two torch corals recently...not sure why ... :(( They just started retracting and eventually kind of melted away ... I love the torches but want to know what I am doing wrong... All parameters seems fine...water changes being done regularly...

I hate it when I lose some livestock...feel like I have done something wrong...

Am getting another Vortech for the other side of the tank... Should be in next week...

kyley

Hey Zak,
Like you, I've been busy with work... Sorry to hear about your torch corals :( May never know what caused it - you're likely not doing anything wrong... Take care,
--Kyle

jpsika08

Hey Zak, my torch corals (Green metallic and Frogspawn) both died as well, in my case the torch's head wasn't coming out and I placed it under a little water flow to clean it and some red type of goo came out of it, I think that cyano got inside their skeleton.

Sorry to hear about yours :(

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I lost 3 heads on my relatively new torch. One by one they would die off with no signs of brown jelly or anything else. Then it stopped and the remaining 4 heads have been doing fine for several days now.

zak786

Hi all

Been away for a long time... latest news...I lost my Sargassum one day before going on a week vacation... My son as was I is devastated. He was our favourite and most lively fish we had.... The display doesnt seem the same without him....