Zak's RSM250

kyley

Zak, I run my MP20 at 100% on Reef Crest Mode now (in my 250) - seems to work well, give more random flow, and the corals get brief breaks from the current. I haven't started using night mode yet though. Do you guys use it? Take care,
--Kyle

tnwillia

Kyle, I use it. it runs for 10 hours. Only thing about it is if you turn off your pump for anything you have to reset the night mode again that night at the time you want it to start. It'll will run by it'self from there every night till the pump is powered down again. Have fun!

kyley

Thanks Tom. Good to know - I turn the pump off at least when I feed coral. I like the "feed" mode, but I wish it had a "stop" mode - other than unplugging it. :( Zak, I'm not sure on the glass thickness. Take care,
--Kyle

Dweezil

Kyle ~ You do not have to unplug it to feed. Put it in standby and the impeller will stop. hold down Mode + Set at the same time until it stops. To resume hit the mode button once and it will be back to where you set it. I use this even when doing water changes.

kyley

Thank you Tammy! I thought about asking if there was a way to do that - I didn't see anything in the manual (which may be missing some pages - it's a printed out manual as I bought mine used).

BTW, what's the real purpose of night mode? Slower to allow the coral more time to grab food as it passes by? Or b/c the coral don't really need the flow during the evening to get better light coverage? Sorry - feel quite the newbie on that question... Take care,
--Kyle

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Kyle - Tammy is correct on standby. I asked EcoTech about it and they said it is safe to use it. To put it into standby, hold down Mode + Set at the same time. Lights will start flashing red/blue/white. At that point, it is in standby. To get it back to normal, press and hold down Mode until it flashes red/purple (depending on mode) and then press Mode one more time and you are back to normal.

zak786

Great... I did a water change yesterday and unplugged it...at least now I know :) thanks ...

Kyle ~ You do not have to unplug it to feed. Put it in standby and the impeller will stop. hold down Mode + Set at the same time until it stops. To resume hit the mode button once and it will be back to where you set it. I use this even when doing water changes.

zak786

Hi I recently placed my zoanthids next to my metalllic green white star polyps to make way for a clam I bought ....

They both dont look too good so I have separated them as the zoa's seemed to grow but the white star polyps did not....after removing them there are still a few zoa's next to the polys...

Are they dangerous next to each other ?

zak786

Any ideas ??

Hi I recently placed my zoanthids next to my metalllic green white star polyps to make way for a clam I bought ....

They both dont look too good so I have separated them as the zoa's seemed to grow but the white star polyps did not....after removing them there are still a few zoa's next to the polys...

Are they dangerous next to each other ?

tnwillia

I have 3 different type/color zoas that do not like setting near each other. They close up. When I move them they open back up as if nothing happened. Others on here have talked about Zoa warfare. Good luck!

zak786

Thks for the advice... So I guess I will keep the zoas and white star apart...

cheers :)

I have 3 different type/color zoas that do not like setting near each other. They close up. When I move them they open back up as if nothing happened. Others on here have talked about Zoa warfare. Good luck!

zak786

Hi all

Am thinking of buying the DD Rowaphos sponge just for convenience ...

Anyone using them in the RSM 250 ???

Z

zak786

I want a second Vortech now...Whats the smallest one I can get to work with the wireless driver thats supplied as standard with the MP40W Gen II ? I was thinkinhg MP20 maybe ?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Zak - I don't think the MP20 can be run "wireless". I'm pretty sure it would have to be upgraded to an MP40 to get that option, in which case may as well get a second MP40. No idea if an MP10 could be synched with an MP40 - maybe some else will know.

tnwillia

I took this from the download PDF of the MP10w ES driver. As I read it, if you go pairs at any level now 10, 20, 40 or mix. If you have the "w" ES controllers they will wirelessly sync. I may be wrong so please read it for yourself to be sure. Have fun!

"The MP10 and MP10w share the same award-winning technology as the MP40w and lets you take full control of the flow. Similarly to the MP40w, the MP10w comes with the EcoSmart Wireless Driver that enables wireless coordination and enhanced functionality between multiiple With all the electrical components outside the aquarium and a variety of easy-to-program modes, the VorTech is the safest, most versatile pump on the market."