yellow tang vs tomoni tang HELP!

iamurri33

my yellow tang is messing with a tomoni tang i put in my 155 yesterday nipped a piece of fin off him, everytime my tomoni tang comes out the yellow jolts at him, do you think this will stop? my sailfin tang gets along with the tomoni just fine. its only been since last night since i added the tomoni. :help1:

Choff

Generally speaking they should get along being from different genuses, but when it comes down too it fish are individuals. So, hard to say. I know yellows on general are pretty aggressive to anything added after them.

I can't speak from experience, but paying close attention to all things tang right now. I am about to add my last 2 fish, both Tangs.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
It sounds like a territory problem......and sicne you just added him I would expect this. Do a quick rearrange of the rock for a day or 2, that should slow him down. Feed lots of nuri to keep the aggression down.

degibson84

It sounds like a territory problem......and sicne you just added him I would expect this. Do a quick rearrange of the rock for a day or 2, that should slow him down. Feed lots of nuri to keep the aggression down.

The rock rearrange is just what i ordered for you nick. Just be careful you don't want to stress your regal now that he is coming out and being more active. As far as nori I am not sure where to find it around here if you find some let me know I want to try some with my Koran

AJ REEF

Often, they established fish will terrorize newcomers, especially if they look similar in color or body shape.

Once they have established a pecking order, they "should" calm down. You could provide a divider that can be seen through, like egg crate, or some people will float the new fish in a hamster ball to acclimate the established fish to the new addition.

I had a hard time adding a scopas to a tank with two yellow tangs, but in time they got over their differences.

Hizanonyirork

Has been struck by the ban stick
yellow tang vs tomoni tang HELP

Ok last night I put in about 8 to 10 pounds of salt and it raised the hydrometer up to 0.01 so I am going to town to find more salt. That was all I had. Only one fish looking bad floating this morning.

BLADEYAMAHA

The Yellow Tang always needs to be the last tang in, period. Sounds like you need to catch it and put it in a separate tank and chill it out then return it a month later to the DT, if he doesn't cool it then, you may have to get another, its all the solution I have to offer.

degibson84

The Yellow Tang always needs to be the last tang in, period. Sounds like you need to catch it and put it in a separate tank and chill it out then return it a month later to the DT, if he doesn't cool it then, you may have to get another, its all the solution I have to offer.

Stopped by last night and the tomni is doing fine all fins have grown back in and every one gets along just fine

iamurri33

yea my yellow tang was the first added.. lol but then i got a sailfin then blue hippo tang then tonami tang they all seeem to get along great