Wrangy's 50 Gallon ZEOvit Rebirth

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Wrangy your tank is one of my favorites man. The sort of dark structure with the reds and oranges has a serious effect. Really like your kole tang. It's just sweet.

I'll have to read further back into your thread.. What kind of lighting are you on currently?
Wow thanks for the compliments mate! :) he kole has been such a great fish, I'm really loving him :)

Hamilton Cebu Sun unit, so 4x 24w T5's and a 250w Radium Blue MH bulb :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Well I haven't posted anything in a little bit and that's because I've been working 5-7 days a week the last couple of weeks and in the kitchen in this heat it's been bloody exhausting! but I had some time today to get a good water change done, along with diagnose some bumps I've noticed. Over the last couple of days things have seemed off and two acro's have pooped themselves on my so I set out today to find out the issue and it turns out both my Mg and Ca were waaayyyy up that's caused this, so I've halved the dosing amount and the water change will have lowered it a little as well. Just to monitor closely over the coming week or two and everything will be back on track in no time!

Aside from a small hiccup everything is going along very nicely :) Happy growth, corals and inverts! I managed to score myself some amazing new zoa's again lol some nice big frags with some crazy awesome polyps! I'll let the pictures do the talking though ;) some pics are my old zoa's as well lol

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Well I suppose I'm due for another update as I haven't posted one in a while! This one is a little old anyway as I took these pics a week or so ago and I'm currently up in Sunshine Beach for a week on holiday! So it's my way of getting some tank fix without having a tank haha

SPS are all looking really nice at the moment and the tank is loving the new bulb combo too! I'm now running all Giesemann tubes as that's what Dave has and I can't be arsed mucking around and ordering them online! So I've now got two Pure Actinics and two Actinic Plus tubes going! I may go to three Actinic Plus tubes depending on how I continue to enjoy the colours which I'm loving at the moment! Anyway enough talking and on to the pics!

She's still my pride and joy and she's still loving life!! My t. maxima :D

Zoa's are looking like the tits at the moment and they're loving the acropower that I'm dosing at the moment too :)

Oxylebius

The orange and reds POP with color. Very pretty.

So, is the yellow acro with purple tips a deep water acro? The contrast in color is gorgeous.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Pics are looking really awesome! Coming along great. Hopefully your holiday is going as well.
Thanks Pat :) Holiday is going great! The beach up here is amazing!

Beautiful corals, Dom. Tank is looking great!
Cheers John! It's in cruise mode at the moment, I just want to disrupt that and get a Ca reactor going lol

Damnnn send me one of everything

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Post will be a killer though!! haha

The orange and reds POP with color. Very pretty.

So, is the yellow acro with purple tips a deep water acro? The contrast in color is gorgeous.
Yeah, the zoa's especially! It's partly also to do with the white balance setting I'm using, it tends to saturate the reds, yellows and oranges on the zoa's a lot more but they're still pretty true :)

I actually don't know lol it's fairly high up in the tank right under the Radium bulb though. It reminds me a bit of a. valida though, it's a really awesome piece though, I juts need to find a spot to mount it lol I think it's already encrusted onto the frag rack :p

Clint24

Damn good lookin corals... Puts mine to shame!! Lol. [emoji4]. Thanks for sharing some pics for us amateurs to drool over. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Damn good lookin corals... Puts mine to shame!! Lol. [emoji4]. Thanks for sharing some pics for us amateurs to drool over. [emoji106]

haha thank you Clint :) It's not always going well, I've just got from holidays and the tank has seen better days lol a few acro's have a little bleaching and everything is looking a little washed out, water change day today though and another one later this week to be back on track again! :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
well get to it mate. You need to give camera class :). Your colors just explode
I'm happy to run through my photo taking process if you'd like? :)

Well as some of you may know I've been on holidays since boxing day and got back on Sunday night. I was a little nervous when I got home about what I was returning too! But luckily all was good in the reef :) A few of the acro's are rather pale and there's some minor bleaching on a couple of pieces but nothing worrying that some love and food can't fix! There was plenty of algae though :( The sucking caulerpa nummularia had gone nuts! I HATE THAT STUFF SOOO MUCH!!!!!!! lol

Yesterday was a good old water change day and tomorrow is as well, algae removal, parameter balancing (haven't tested yet either lol), nutrient removing everything effort to get the tank pumping again! I'm going to try one of the lagoon blue Giesemann tubes as well instead of two pure actinics and I'm putting the new Radium bulb in too, in the next week or two lol

Either way, here's what I returned too :( Luckily it's only on the zoa rocks, even though it's hurting them it's not all over the tank!

Looking a little better now, hopefully better again after tomorrow and at the end of the week I'm starting the algaefix dosing again! Going to nuke this shit out of oblivion lol

On a more positive note, the zoa's have grown well!

Clamclam looking good too :)

The other frag rack going nicely:

Artistic top downs! Everything looks green though :( need some more blues, reds and those types of colours!

And of course FTS

Koestby

Algae is a PITA ! Especially bubble algae, kill kill kill. Awesome thread, loving the pictures, it all looks so crisp [emoji106]