Woot New Corals!

Kazzy

My dad was finally in a buying mood when we headed to the LFS and we left 15 minutes after closing(I am good friends with the owner on a local forum) out the back door with a 4 almost 5 headed hammer(normal glowy green and brown coloration) and 3-4 stalks of lavender finger leather coral. We found stable places for them in our rockwork and I took pics of the new arrivals which will hopefully be uploaded tomorrow! The hammer is already perking up and will probably be fully extended before lights out!

Kazzy

Already answered that I can't till tomorrow because I use my mom's camera for fish pictures(only she knows how to upload them), because mine is terrible at taking them, and she is in bed and really tired from the pep rally whereas I am all hyped up on sugar and happiness from getting new corals!!

Kazzy

PICTURE TIME!!!
This is the Lavender Finger Coral when we got it.
DSCN29312.JPG

This is it now, unfortunately:
DSCN29442.JPG

On the bright side, our new hammer is thriving happily:
This is it when we first got it in:
DSCN29262.JPG

This is now:
DSCN29532.JPG

Sorry it's a little blurry, I took it without the flash to capture its coloration.
Any ideas as to why the finger would be doing this? It came out of more powerful lighting, and it wasn't in the direct flow(we have a 400 powerhead like 3 inches away pointing right at it, is this a bad thing?).

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Your leather may just be acclimating to its new surroundings. I think moderate flow (what ever that is) is what they like. My understanding is that they often produce a waxy mucus that requires flow to wash it away. Direct laminar flow can not be good.

Nice hammer!:D

lcstorc

My finger leather does not like strong flow. I have had to adjust the powerhead to accomodate it. They do however go on pouting sprees particularly when stressed so I would give it a couple of days and then perhaps adjust to a lower flow area.
Hammer looks great.
I so miss mine.

Kazzy

I think I may shift the powerhead so that it won't be hitting the leather directly if the leather doesn't start to perk up. I am hoping my clowns will notice the hammer. It would be rather difficult for them to fit in there together but they could probably manage. Fingers crossed they'll host it!

bluespotjawfish

Looks like you have some nice prizes! The leather doesn't like the direct flow, so I would adjust your pump as soon as you can. Make sure there is still flow around it, but not directly aimed at it.

Kazzy

My dad has decided to just turn off the powerhead blowing at it for a while and see if it helps, so hopefully it will!