Witty's Monster 210 Experiment

Witfull

a week or so ago someone was asking about leopard Wrasses..they are difficult and fussy. i go to the LFS today to hang out with ReefDave and Blackness (members i dragged in here) and its new arrival day too~

well what did they have,,,just arrived, a beautiful Splendid Leopard~ we banter back and forth over their track record,,,some good some bad. and Dave says i should get it, it has a better chance in my tank than some of the tanks it could possibly wind up in. thinking, i get some frozen mysis and feed the tank. he begins to strike but not eat, then when he sees the Diana hog fish eating,,,he doesnt want to be left out. Hmm im thinking hes striking and eating. ReefDave gives me a very attractive price, sooo,,,next thing you know hes off to go swimming in the monster reef. its been several hours now that hes been in, i just got home from Harry Potter, and i see him cruising the bottom of the tank in and out of the rocks. my jealous territorial sohal was not paying any attention at all to him.

Witfull

this isnt the one i got, but here is what it looks like.

leopard%20wrasse.jpg

Kensn

Hope he does well for you..... Beautiful fish.... Catch a pic of yours when ya get a minute...

Newt

What a neat fish, he looks healthy! Either he's really small, or those zoos are enormous...

mnreefman

not to hijack this but i just saw this at the top of my screen...

Hello mnreefman it looks like you haven't posted in a while. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Don't force me to whip you with a strand of caulerpa!

Witfull

ok,,,its that wand guy playing around~

i just logged in under my "secret Identity" screen-name that i use to see how the board looks to non-Staff members. and i got this messege:

Hello ******,
Our records indicate that you haven't made your first post yet! Why not make get started today by saying hello to our community in our Meet and Greet Forum

We don't bite... I promise!

Witfull

thanks frankie,,,

lil guy is still shy and cruising the lower rocks, but is unmolested and eating cyclopeeze right now~~

Witfull

he was eating,,,,then he was eaten!! he was out and swimming mid tank and well...."Serial Killer" AKA Sohal Tang decided he was no longer welcome. one quick strike and the wrasses belly was torn out!!! the sohal and tusk then fought over the body enjoying the meal. i have to get mean tough fish for the tank. only consolation is its not just my sohal thats a beast, its the species.