White object on LR

I recently added some new frags and a RBTA to my tank. Near the nem I noticed a white spot resembling some sort of egg. Today it appears to have a slime coat over it. Any ideas?

- Mark

728284e0df0e405d317299ae1fd8913c.jpg

c52bcf68b966b4ad49033e334caaa59a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snelly40

hmmm... at first i was just gonna go with the usual pinapple sponge... but it does look more egg like... tagging along... snail eggs are usaully much smaller... when u look closely can you see any smaller dots inside of it??? ... hmmmm i shall google haha

Nah....it looks like a solid white mass. Will keep my eye on it. Thx for your reply Snelly

Oxylebius

:shell: looks like a pearl :yup:

Is it bumpy or grainy or completely smooth?
Possibly could be Dictyosphaeria cavernosa, take a look here for this species, fifth photo down the page (they can be white, light green or darker green).

frisbee

It might be bubble algae, but from that first picture it looks like there's some sort of fungus or bacteria encapsulating it, much like you would see on a dead fish after awhile. This kind of leads me to believe it's something else.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:ponder2: Humm...I don't know from the pictures but IF it was in my tank, it would most likely be the starting of another sponge.
I think you should keep a close watch on it & see what it does.
If it starts looking more like bubble algae, turn off the water circulation OFF and manually remove it.

Thanks for the ideas everyone. The object is no longer there. It either fell or was eaten. I will keep an eye out for it.
Appreciate your help.