what were we thinking

bullet

So as you may or not know we have a 29 Bio Cube which we love. That is posted in nano under the heading "one stop at the local fish store", Any ways I decided that why not star a smaller tank for the bedroom ? So here we go

bullet

This pic is actually day three of this adventure and it is our New Marineland 3 gallon all glass aquarium I have already added a cuc not much 1 bumblebee snail and a banded coral shrimp, We are also using the Nutra Sea Sea water in this tank also it just makes life that much easier.

bullet

There isn't much room in the tank but I did manage to squeeze a heater into the back compartment with the pump.

bullet

Thank you we are not quite sure what we want to put in there thinking maybe some sort of chromis or blenny
want to stick with a striped theme in it though as we have the bumblebee snail and a banded coral shrimp
so definately going to be a striped fish

bullet

also not sure if the leds are going to support coral or not so may need to read up some more on coral that
doesn't require alot of light

Newjack

also not sure if the leds are going to support coral or not so may need to read up some more on coral that
doesn't require alot of light

Here is a link on some other LEDS you can get. I have the same ones but they are not strips. They should be able to fit in anything and my corals are doing overly well. only thing is you have to buy the ballast and dimmer separate. each ballast supports 3 strips if you buy the splitter

http://www.thatpetplace.com/ecoxotic-panorama-pro-led-module-strip-rgb-19w

bullet

Cool thank you but how do you know what ballast to get ? The 3 strips sound like a good idea the tank has blue and white lights but you can only have the blue on alone or the blue and white together. With that said I would probably get the ballast with the 3 strips and put that on one timer and the light that came with the tank on a different timer. does that make sense ?

bullet

so we ended up with a bumble bee snail, 1 coral banded shrimp, a royal gramma, a wheelers watchman goby
and a pistol shrimp along with a cocoa worm

bullet

So we did some rearranging this week now the royal gramma is in our 29 cube and we added two spotted cardinal fish to our little micro nano and water parameters have levelled off nicely now and the royal gramma is a lot happier in the larger cube. On another note now that we are completely addicted to feeding we had talked about a neo 105 but after much consideration and planning we just can't seem to find the perfect spot for it so instead we are getting a RAM130D at the end of May for Shorties birthday/mothers day. So excited we can't wait for our new addition to come in