what fish now?

travis127

Well my flame hawkfish jumped out on sunday and was found dead on the floor :( he was prob my fav fish in my tank they are such a fun fish to watch and they are very curious! figures!!! but I figured I should move onto a new fish... i have a yellow watchman goby, a sixline wrasse and a black clown goby ... what do you think i should get in replace of my hawkfish?? I like the flame angel, a small powder blue tang would be cool....
my tank is a 46 gallon bow front, 90 pounds of LR ......... what do you think??? give me some ideas

Reddog170

So sorry to hear about your hawkfish dude. I like the manderins myself. So that is my vote.I would also think about covering the tank with nylon screen attached to a separate frame so that it is easy to remove for maint. Shaun

travis127

ill look into that one... anyone else got an idea? it would be like the main fish in my tank cause the 6line watchon goby and clown goby are smaller they are the 3 that should go in after my main fish like a small tang or maybe a flame angel .. i dunnooooooo

BLAKEJOHN

I like the Royal Gamma. Although it is a smaller fish of about 3" But mine seems to have the same personality of the hawk fish.

I would not go with a tang of any sort in that tank.

BLAKEJOHN

All angels are touch and go. You may get one that wont nip at the corals or you may get one that loves the taste of the corals.

michael_cb_125

I keep multiple angels in my reef tank (Including a Flame Angel). I have no issues whatsoever. But as previously stated all angels have the potential to nip at corals. Pygmy angels are constantly nipping at the substrate. If there is a coral in their path they will nip it. Usually with no harm done. Angels are my favorite fish, and personally I will never have another reef without them.

Flame Angels are hit and miss. Personally I would look into the Flame Back Angels. They are among my favorites, stay small, and are some of the more reef safe pygmies.

This is a Brazillian Flameback:
lg_0128091-196.jpg

This is an African Flameback:
lg-66297-Flameback-African.jpg

Very Nice Fish IMO

~Michael

jeffreyKTM

I like my austrailian clown fish......fairly peaceful.....always active and can host many different things.....mine hosts in a devils hand leather...

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
My vote would be either a Fairy or Flasher Wrasse, they're beautiful inquisitive and very active, what's not to like ?