What do you do with your dirty water change water?

What do you do with your dirty water change water?

• Down the toilet/drain

Votes: 73 74.5%
  • Somewhere in the yard/driveway

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • Don't do water changes

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other, I bet there are some interesting answers here

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

twoclowns

Where do you dump your old dirty water, just curious because I have dumped mine in the yard, down the drain, and used it to melt ice in the driveway.

Origami2547

I siphon it directly to the toilet about 30' away. I've got a couple of spring clamps that I modified with a 1" PVC coupling attached to each that I use to hold either end of the hose and just wait until the water level drops to where I need it to be for a water change.

BoomerD

Straight down the crapper...
crapper.gif

I know a couple of people who use part of it to kill weeds in their driveways, along fence lines, and such...seems likt too much work for me.

kathywithbirds

I siphon it directly to the toilet about 30' away. I've got a couple of spring clamps that I modified with a 1" PVC coupling attached to each that I use to hold either end of the hose and just wait until the water level drops to where I need it to be for a water change.

I SERIOUSLY hope you remember which end of the tubes goes where... and dont start siphoning bysucking th e tube!!!!!!!!

:bugout:

Origami2547

I SERIOUSLY hope you remember which end of the tubes goes where... and dont start siphoning bysucking th e tube!!!!!!!!

:bugout:

LOL, Kathy. The hose never touches the (toilet) water or the toilet using my clamps! Actually, it's very convenient, quick, easy, and clean.

IMG_4078_Small_.JPG

rlcline76

Doesn't that kill your desert sand?

Those things scare me. I'm glad I'm just a wee bit too far north. (for now) :help:
Them and killer bees.

I don't even know if there is anything salvageable in the sand.
I believe I read that Texas has 205 different species of ants. Now, if you read you pesticide sprays and so forth, I'm thinking only 20% of my ants are covered. According to an article glampk sent me, looks like we have a new ant hitting the state. Luckily, it is still in the Houston area. Kills Fire ant colonies, but does not react to pesticides. Covers everything...bites. I need to get out of this state.

BoomerD

I don't even know if there is anything salvageable in the sand.
I believe I read that Texas has 205 different species of ants. Now, if you read you pesticide sprays and so forth, I'm thinking only 20% of my ants are covered. According to an article glampk sent me, looks like we have a new ant hitting the state. Luckily, it is still in the Houston area. Kills Fire ant colonies, but does not react to pesticides. Covers everything...bites. I need to get out of this state.

YouTube - Houston Infected By Electronic-Eating Ants (Fox News Report)

YouTube - Crazy Rasberry Ants