Welcome to the RSM club forum!

Luki

Hi.
Im new to this site and wanted to say hello.
My name is Lukasz (Lucas :))
I started my reef adventure 2,5 years ago with RSM 130d.
After few months I swapped it for RSM 250 and finally Im a happy owner of my RSM 500 :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

smoreau1

Hello everyone, I few years ago I bought a 7.5 gallons reef from someone online and it was the best thing ever. Unfortunately, I was also starting my new business and had to sell it after a couple years. Since I've been dreaming of having my own C130 (130D would do) or reefer 170 but business didn't come my way and I now don't have the budget to buy new. So I'm here to make new friends and to learn everything I can about Red Sea Max, learn all the tricks and mods so I can be ready when the opportunity to buy a used one present itself.

Ps my friends call me Seabass

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics

manolo78

Hello all,

It was great to find a space like ReefSanctuary where I could find information and advice on how to start in this wonderful world of reefing. I am really interested on getting your advice on what is the best RSM system for a newbie like me. I am really intrigue about the new RedSeaMax E260. What is your take on it? Do you think it would be a good way to start? Some aquarists have suggested it is better to start with a RS Reefer and choose better quality equipment, however I like the idea of what seems to be a very well thought and integrated system already put together by Red Sea. What you think?

Thanks again for being such a great community and being willing to inspire and help people into adventures like this.

M

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

745.gif

When you get a tank, start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Have not seen a RSM E260 in the club yet, don't think they are released yet. Have you found one for sale?

I do think you would Love it, my 1st swt was a RSM 130D, I wanted to see if I could have sw success so I started small, a year later having had tremendous success, I upgraded to a RSM 250, had I know how well I would do, I would have started with my 66 gallon RSM 250 :nessie: the club if full of successful beautiful corals & fish filled RSM tanks they work very well ! If you know how to piece components together the reefer series may be the way to go, several of them in the RSM Club & everyone great tanks. Hope this helps !

MATTSA

Cheers Daddy. The install went without a hitch and took pics before and while i was in the zone i did a full rescape and took out about 4 kg of rock and im pretty happy with the new scape. But who can ever be convinced another scape is only a matter of time. Love the new leds and the shimmer is amazing! Cant wait til morning when its all clear and corals are out (hopefully) they were a bit grumpy with me especially my RBTA

chflee

Hi everyone!

I'm a looooooooooong time lurker and have wanted a RSM since it first came out. I was in the hobby during the dark ages of under gravel and canister filters. Work, marriage, kids have all stopped me getting back in until now. I am semi-retiring from the day to day restaurant business after 20 years.

I am in the process of getting a used RSM 250 this weekend. I have read lots of threads and the unit i'm buying is stock. I hope to not have to get a chiller, but I am already assuming I will have to. After that all I really want to add is an ATO and in the future LED upgrades and dosers down the road.

I will post my adventure as I go and I am hoping for lots of input from all of you. Thanks in advance.