Welcome to the RSM club forum!

DaddyTLi

Hey guys I am unsure how to use this site properly yet, I am having a few issues with my stock skimmer when I turn the air up or down it does nothing. I cannot get the bubbles to come up the skimmer any help appreciated, also I can't seem to get bk to find comment of help on hear lol.
Hi and welcome. You may want to increase waterflow to the skimmer. This will increase the pressure causing more bubbles. Depending on your skimmer, you can make adustment to the waterflow within your skimmer as well this find tunes the amount of skimming.

Hope this helps.

Tom

dev52

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. Very new to the hobby. Have lots of experience with planted freshwater tanks, finally decided to take the plunge with reef tanks. Having the wife's blessing now was also a factor (time,$$$, hehe). Just bought a used 2yo 250 off kijiji, it's now in my house - man that things heavy! But a big factor in choosing the rsm 250 was the wealth of info available in this forum.

Gonna take my time, do as much as I can right before doing it wrong. Gonna start by buying a replacement skimmer before stocking. It already came with a tunze ATO. Will now also need a ro/di unit. The tank is now in my finished basement which is pretty cool compared to the rest of my home, so I'm hoping a chiller won't be necessary.

Cheers.

dev

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to RS dev! Start a tank thread so we can follow your journey!! :swmfish:

Joeys Tank

Welcome aboard, Dev!!

There are a lot of friendly and helpful people here at RS (makes starting up the hobby less stressful).

netsav

Hi all,

Just thought I'd drop by to say hello :)

Although I've 40 years freshwater experience I've never yet tried my hand with saltwater.

All that's about to change though as I will be setting up an RSM C130 next month.

I've been researching this for over three years now and feel like I'm finally ready to make the big step. :)

Joeys Tank

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary, Netsav!!

Please build a reef chronicle (tank thread). I would love to follow along on your journey and see how your system flourishes.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Dev & netsav

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

dev52

Thanks for the hellos :) I certainly will start one. This probably is odd but I will likely build my own custom stand for my RSM before starting my tank. i.e. replacing the stock one.

Last edited:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi Dev :wave: and Netsav :hallo:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
Hope to see many more posts about your adventures in SW!
Very BEST WISHES to you BOTH....:biker

StephLove

Hello! I'm new to this site but not to the hobby. I recently won a red sea max c-130 on another reef forum and just got it set up yesterday. I ran across this club while doing some research about problems with getting the skimmer to work and micro bibbles in the tank. I used this tank to replace my 30 long, I used the same water, rock and sand in this build. (I rinsed the sand clean) I just figuered I'd introduce myself here and I'll try to get a build thread done today.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hi StephLove and welcome to RS!! It would be great if you start a tank thread, we love pics here!

StephLove

Thanks. I just finished mounting all of the corals and I'm waiting for them to open up. Good thing yall like pictures because I like taking them!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

Jusy wanted to introduce my self

Hi my name is Abe and I have a problem I am spending all my time on this awesome forum to learn as much as I can about this very addictive hobby

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Jusy wanted to introduce my self

Hi my name is Abe and I have a problem I am spending all my time on this awesome forum to learn as much as I can about this very addictive hobby

Then Abe, all I can tell you for sure is:
YOU WILL FIT IN JUST FINE HERE :spinner::laughroll:spinner:
Together we are more successful.
(We might cause you to spend lots of money tho :LOL: )