Welcome to the RSM club forum!

ST1Doppelganger

It looks like I might be picking up a Red Sea max 250 off a friend of mine that is pretty much gifting it to me for $150 if I don't feel too guilty taking it from him at that steal of a deal.

So what do you guys do to keep your heat down in your tanks since I've heard that is the main issue with this tank?

Eventually i plan on doing a DIY Cree/Luxeon LED build when finances permit. Anybody have a good suggestion on amount of LEDs that are required for this tank?

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hi and welcome to RS!! That is quite a good deal on the RSM, congrats!! Where are you located and what is the ambient temperature in your house?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
It looks like I might be picking up a Red Sea max 250 off a friend of mine that is pretty much gifting it to me for $150 if I don't feel too guilty taking it from him at that steal of a deal.

So what do you guys do to keep your heat down in your tanks since I've heard that is the main issue with this tank?

Eventually i plan on doing a DIY Cree/Luxeon LED build when finances permit. Anybody have a good suggestion on amount of LEDs that are required for this tank?

Hello :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary! :crowd:
I just took the "peace of mind" route and added a chiller to my RSM 250 set up.
Everything in this hobby is expensive but you'll have beautiful money pit soon :yup:
Glad you are joining the RSM Club Forum...hope to see pictures & hear more about your "new to you" tank.
Congrats on getting it at a steal price too!!
Very BEST WISHES :biker

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

I keep me ambient room temp at 73F & don't have any problems with temps.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

I keep me ambient room temp at 73F & don't have any problems with temps.

Glenn, with a room temp of 73°...I'd have to wear a jacket all day! :snow::laugh:

NJ Reefer

PREMIUM
I keep my room around 74 degrees. With the T5s on around 9 hours per day, my tank temperature gets up to about 80-81. I tested leaving the heater off last night and the temp dropped to 76. Way too big a swing, so u will be keeping the heater on.

The biggest concern, or potential problem that I have encountered is my ATO being unplugged (forgot to plug it back in after cleaning). The result was a large drop in water levels in the rear chambers due to evaporation. The heater was above the water too far and stayed on because the air temp was less than the what it was set to. This caused the water temp to continue to rise. I caught it at around 85 degrees and nothing was lost. But it could have been disastrous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
The biggest concern, or potential problem that I have encountered is my ATO being unplugged (forgot to plug it back in after cleaning).

I did the same thing.
Since that incident, i moved the level controller from inside the stand, to the outside, below the switches.
I walk by there constantly, a quick glance and I can see the green light.

DaveR11

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to start keeping marines again and have been researching all the new technology and Red Sea Max-S look to be lovely tanks. I've been traveling around the local fish shops here in my part of the UK and then I found this forum and have spent many hours reading the histories of your many tanks. You seem a very friendly and helpful bunch. Just have to move house and then decide how much room I have for a tank....

Many thanks,

Dave

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to start keeping marines again and have been researching all the new technology and Red Sea Max-S look to be lovely tanks. I've been traveling around the local fish shops here in my part of the UK and then I found this forum and have spent many hours reading the histories of your many tanks. You seem a very friendly and helpful bunch. Just have to move house and then decide how much room I have for a tank....

Many thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave :wave:
:welcomeraWELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
Hope you join in soon & share a tank build thread here!
Very BEST WISHES on your move & tank selection...:biker

DaveR11

Thanks for the welcome messages Glenn and Diana. I'm avidly devouring all the stories of peoples set-ups on here. There are some great reads. I am also struck by how international the forum is. Still searching for the right house to buy before getting down to the real decision about tanks!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

zulu27

I am having a few issues with micro bubbles at the min so tank don't look very clear lol. If anyone has has the same problem plz let me no what u did to fix the issue thanks

PappaBear

Hello,
I joined up in anticipation of purchasing my RSM C-250 some time around the new year. I have read this entire Welcome thread and love what I see. A long time ago in a place far, far away I had a 135 gallon salt tank with a lot of pieces that didn't work well as a system. Then after about 15 years away, I started again last year with an Oceanic Bio-Cube 29 HQI. Added a nice skimmer and chiller and LOVE the take and life inside. However, 29 gallons is not enough for me. But then again, 100+ gallons may be too much for me so the RSM 250 looks to be a great tank for what I am looking for. Chiller is a must in Bakersfield, CA so there is where my questions will start. I am very new to forums and was directed to Reef Sanctuary by a RSM rep. So would anyone be able to point me in a direction to learn to search the forum? I would love to target the results to RSM chiller installations but I keep getting a lot of returns for other setups. Thanks. P.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hello to Zulu & PappaBear
Wanted to :welcomera WELCOME BOTH of You to Reef Sanctuary!
Hope you'll both feel right at home here & ask any questions you have as You share your new RSM tanks.
Very BEST WISHES.....:biker

zulu27

Hey guys I am unsure how to use this site properly yet, I am having a few issues with my stock skimmer when I turn the air up or down it does nothing. I cannot get the bubbles to come up the skimmer any help appreciated, also I can't seem to get bk to find comment of help on hear lol.