WELCOME to the NEW Reef Sanctuary!

Travis

Administrator
Staff member
RS STAFF
I may have underplayed the amount of change that we were in for, but I have completely modernized the site (or at least the basis of it, so far) with a new software package that is more stable, better supported, and has a good future ahead of it. More importantly, the site should now be more secure AND easier to update!

Please feel free to leave your reactions and thoughts in this thread, with a few caveats:

1. I am working VERY hard to bring back the most popular features and functions of RS. It took 10 years to get to where it was, give me a couple of weeks to get things sorted please. :)

2. No, we are not going back to the old software.

3. It will take some time and getting used to, many forum members don't like change at first because they were so used to "the old way" - we will try to find a happy medium, but please give us some time and patience.

I have a long to-do list and there may (WILL) be bugs, issues and downtime... please use this thread for reporting such.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Okie dokie :)
Now that I've had time to play and look around on both the mobile and web browsers versions I thought I'd make a little post about everything lol some of it is what I like and some of this post is just to point out differences for everyone, just in case ;) haha

Personally I LOVE the new software!! My Australian home-base forum runs a very similar system with a few tweaks and differences to and I love the way it works and feels, so you've chosen solid software here Travis! Much more user friendly once you get used to it (not that the old RS wasn't ;))

I'm enjoying the little side-bar on the home pages that shows the profile posts and messages up there to see what people have been saying :) This leads into my next question about chat bars and pop-up instant chats, will you be adding a feature like that to the site? It would be cool but not a must have lol

I like the way the online status is shown by the green light just on each persons avatar so you know who's around and who isn't :)

Some people have to change their signatures too as the old format hasn't come across well, just a small thing I've noticed.

All in all, as I said above, you've done a great Job to get the new site up and running overnight (for me lol) Travis! I look forward to what you continue to do and bring to this lovely reefing family that is RS so keep up the brilliant work! You've got plenty of supporters here :D

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Travis - one thing you might move up on the List... is how do members find their tank threads?

I have been looking for mine for awhile & can't find it - Search no hits... no Links... name is Glenn's Reef RSM 250

this was the old url, I have not posted to it in the last month or so... just using mine as an example... I know members will be looking for theirs ;)

here was my "old" url if that helps...
www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/62437-glenns-reef-rsm-250-a.html

Google not any help yet either... no hits

No hit from Google on this search string to RS either "Red Sea Max" in Google RS was always #1 with "tons" of hits to that search

Noted below...
3. It will take some time and getting used to, many forum members don't like change at first because they were so used to "the old way" - we will try to find a happy medium, but please give us some time and patience.

I have a long to-do list and there may (WILL) be bugs, issues and downtime... please use this thread for reporting such.

just "listing..."

sidebar - as soon as I learn how to find my thread... I will help others

Woohoo - I found it... new url
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/glenns-reef-rsm-250.62437/page-94

Last edited:

cracker

Hi Travis - one thing you might move up on the List... is how do members find their tank threads?

I have been looking for mine for awhile & can't find it - Search no hits... no Links... name is Glenn's Reef RSM 250

this was the old url, I have not posted to it in the last month or so... just using mine as an example... I know members will be looking for theirs ;)

here was my "old" url if that helps...
www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/62437-glenns-reef-rsm-250-a.html

Google not any help yet either... no hits

No hit from Google on this search string to RS either "Red Sea Max" in Google RS was always #1 with "tons" of hits to that search

Noted below...

just "listing..."

sidebar - as soon as I learn how to find my thread... I will help others

Woohoo - I found it... new url
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/glenns-reef-rsm-250.62437/page-94

Frankie

RS STAFF
Nice work T! Few issues like taptalk not working or forumrunner but I am sure you will get it worked out eventually.
Any help needed let me know!

NickF

Update looks really good, great job.

This made me laugh though:

Online now:
Total: 33 (members: 7, guests: 12, robots: 14)

I didn't know robots were that into keeping fish, I would have thought it was dangerous for them what with all the water. (Oh they are Google bots, it shows in the members tab)