Water Extraction for water changes on RSM S-650

steve w

Hi all
Just trying to think about how best to plan my set up. How do Red Sea Max S-650 owners extract water for their water changes?
Do you syphon from display tank with the advantage of some hoovering in the process?
Do you syphon from the Sump area?
Is there an outlet facility as part of the standard design? If so where is this located?
Have you created your own set up to extract water for water changes?
Thanks very much in advance
Steve

Nobbygas

I always switch off all pumps and then extract from the Sump. This will allow a water change of around 90 litres. I just use a spare Eheim pump and pump the water out into plastic 25 litre containers which I then carry into the garden and empty down the drain. This method costs nothing. Alternatively, you can invest in a mega expensive Apex unit that will automate the water changes. As I said in the other thread, have a look at Shaun's set-up. He has an external water station and uses Apex for automated water changes.

Reactions: SPR

SPR

Before changing to Apex DOS for automation, I used the python water changer and same principle as @Nobbgas from the sump.

steve w

I always switch off all pumps and then extract from the Sump. This will allow a water change of around 90 litres. I just use a spare Eheim pump and pump the water out into plastic 25 litre containers which I then carry into the garden and empty down the drain. This method costs nothing. Alternatively, you can invest in a mega expensive Apex unit that will automate the water changes. As I said in the other thread, have a look at Shaun's set-up. He has an external water station and uses Apex for automated water changes.
Thanks for your comments and info, much appreciated.
Steve

Reactions: SPR