video of my mandarin eating out of the water column

redsea reefer

Here is a vid of my mandarin eating frozen out of water column and my tank.

redseareefer
[/URL][/IMG]

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Great video! Is that the mosquito larvae bloodworms, or the red bloodworms? I noticed both types at my LFS and picked up the actual red bloodworms, which may be a bit large for my mandarin. But the other fish love em!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
It looks like they're red in the video? I think the frozen mosquito larvae type were a tan color. The red ones are what I have, and the package said marine food, so I guess they're not too big for the mandarin.

redsea reefer

It looks like they're red in the video? I think the frozen mosquito larvae type were a tan color. The red ones are what I have, and the package said marine food, so I guess they're not too big for the mandarin.

They are definitely red Terry and they are pretty big. How is yours doing?

tnwillia

Great Video Eddie, I can't believe the other fish stayed away that long with food in the water. Thanks!

Dweezil

Nice video Eddie, just goes to show it can be done. Did you train him or was he eating frozen when you bought him? Does he eat anything else besides bloodworms?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
They are definitely red Terry and they are pretty big. How is yours doing?

The bloodworms I have are red and pretty big too, but it's obvious from your video that the mandarin can handle them. Mine's doing well so far Eddie. I just ordered one of BigJay's 12mm Pyrex target feeders via Salty Supply. I think that will make is easier for me to target feed than my turkey baster or Sea Squirt.

redsea reefer

Nice video Eddie, just goes to show it can be done. Did you train him or was he eating frozen when you bought him? Does he eat anything else besides bloodworms?

Thanks Tammy

I did train him. I got him when he was a little over an inch big, now he's about 3 inches. He also eats Mysis but prefers Bloodworms.

redsea reefer

The bloodworms I have are red and pretty big too, but it's obvious from your video that the mandarin can handle them. Mine's doing well so far Eddie. I just ordered one of BigJay's 12mm Pyrex target feeders via Salty Supply. I think that will make is easier for me to target feed than my turkey baster or Sea Squirt.

Good to hear he's doing good and I hope he lives a long life. The longer feeders do work better in the beginning, I used the sea squirt with an enlarged hole. Now he just swims up to the surface and waits for me to feed him with my baster.

redsea reefer

nice Eddie. Beautiful fish! I have never tried one, I hear they are difficult to keep!

Thanks Todd, they are difficult to keep alive. Most end up dieing within 3-6 months if your are not willing to train them to eat frozen food. My little guy is over a year old and going strong, he's the only fish that has an excuse to be overweight....lol

reefjeff

beautiful video eddie,
i miss mine mandarin, but i know later along the road i will get another one
peace
jeff