Video and Pics Bluespot Breeding Behavior

bluespotjawfish

This morning I was just watching the tank and captured some great video. The Misses is fully gorged now, and this morning started coming over to BJ's den and sitting in it for about a minute at a time. I have seen this 3 times this morning and BJ is flashing away like a proud papa. My video is too large to upload so I will have to find another way to post it. She is still fat so the event is yet to come. I do see some change in the belly, with it being fuller at the based now. (Wish I knew all the techy terms for ya all.)

Stay tuned.

bluespotjawfish

Well, the eggs are gone. Here is a pic about 1 hour before the eggs were released. I assume they were fish food, but maybe BJ has them in his hole. He isn't carrying them.

P1110708-BJ_Misses_Breeding.jpg

bluespotjawfish

Today she was twice as fat has she has been. This was really cool to watch. I missed the actual exchange, but got some video of two of the times she went to his den.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Lorraine, I'm so happy for you! After all your trials a tribulations with this species you, of all, deserve this pair! What fascinating behavior. We are honored that we get to witness it! Awesome job BJ and the Misses!

BarbMazz

Thank you for posting these marvelous things. Congratulations to you, Lorraine... this couldn't have happened in a better person's tank.

Simply amazing!

bluespotjawfish

Thanks everyone. The coolest video still needs to be posted. I wish I wasn't so busy with the move, I would have just sat and watched them and then I would have seen the whole thing.

cantagious

I also want to thank you because I am finding out it is time consuming trying to come up with a pair .But you proved it can be DONE !!!

bluespotjawfish

I don't know what happened to all these videos. They are probably still someplace on my photobucket site, but the links are broken. Bummer.