Tunze Nano DOC 9002 Thread.

Hongkonger

Bathtub said:
Recently I have added low level ozone to the tunze (with an in tank cup) from the Phillips ozone kit- just run the airline via the unit.
Results are amazing- tank is crystal (I do mean invisible water) the skimmate is far smellier than before (no ozone smell) and the bubble wall structure is strong enough that it picks the lid up off the in tank...
For the 130 the Phillips ozone unit cost me about 60 quid (Uk)- I have no adverse side effects on the skimmer I have seen yet (4 months in, strip skimmer every 3 weeks)...
Very nice tweak I think....
Now if I could just get a mesh wheel running in the tunze I would be a happy man....

What exactly does the ozone unit do. Do you attach it to the airline of the skimmer

Bathtub

I will add some piccies, yes just attaches to airline, as I say LOW dose, but noticeable change in skimmate and very noticeable change in water (well to any marine aquarist anyway!)
Runs constant low level, which is optimal for pathogen suppression, clarity and minimal risk of nasty by-products....
Ideally you would run skimmer outlet over carbon (not even active carbon, just to dissolve any excess ozone). I do not and have seen no drop off in what would be the most affected area (my fluidized bed with bio beads).
I genuinely have nothing but recommendations here- I spoke with one of the guys at Phillips that tested the unit, it was meant to be friendly to the "technically challenged"- so will not do what highlevel ozone dosing will, but will have none of the downsides.... I'll go find a link.....

Bathtub

I don't use the bubbler device- that's gone to my "spares" cupboard (looks quite nice though). I wanted it into the skimmer as I think I will get better contact time, I did not want loose bubbles floating around anywhere in tank, and I have enough equipment shoved in the back already!
To connect to the airline you just put the end of your airline onto the ozone generator (is a standard airline type fitting)- that simple! really is a 10 second job, plug in unit, plug in airline, done!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks for the confirmation on the bubbler. Not available over here in the US yet, but I'm sure it will be eventually.

I'm sure most of you have atleast heard of the air line mod for this skimmer like earlier stated in the tread but anyway one of the steps includes filling the old airline hole with a plastic bolt but I also notice a lot of you said you did the mod in minutes? Just wondering if the part is easy to come by somewhere or did you just not plug it? Just wondering because I'd love to do the mod but don't have a plastic bolt haha