Trouble with Sharkeys Reef

dobejazz

Just a heads up and venting about horrible customer service

Back in February I linked a friend of mine the thread here at RS about SharkysReef.com : Welcome selling off store front stuff http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/sharkys-reef/27136-ton-used-equipment-fs-il.html#post384797

She bought and paid for the lights and arrangements were made for me to pick up the lights at the storefront (less than 10 miles from me) saves them the hassle and Amy the cost of shipping.
Appointment was made for 3-1-08 at Noon
I was there from 11:55 til 12:25ish ( I did run across the street to Jewel for 15 minutes in that time). They never showed in that time.

The week of 3-3 via emails - Anita says she must have just missed me she met someone else there at 12:30

My appointment was at 12 ????? no apology just she was there at 12:30

Next appointment 3-8 around 12:30ish - I was going to call after the Dentist to make sure she was there before heading over. After repeated calls to her Anita calls back at 2:30 -3 to say she has the flu.

Being nice and reasonable I said I hope you feel better soon call me next week so we can reschedule.

On 3-17 I called since I hadn't heard from her (I figured 9 days was long enough to recover from the Flu).

The purchaser of the lights also emailed on the 17th asking for status.

The jist of Sharkeys reply on the 17th was she would contact me during the week to make arrangements

On 3-20 I emailed customer service asking if she could drop them off Friday 3-21 since my husband was going to be home.

On 3-20 arrangements were made via email that she would drop off the lights (dropping them off was her suggestion)

on 3-21 She never showed or called she wasn't stopping by (we did have a snowstorm) Even with the snow I expect even from lousy customer service a courtsey call or email they couldn't make it with the weather.

on 3-22 in the morning I sent a still polite email asking if the snow was the hold up.

On 3-24 I recieved a reply to Saturdays email she would drop the lights off today. I replied back that was fine and to call me when she dropped them off.

3-24 at 2pm I rec'd a call from Anita asking if tonite would be OK to drop off the lights as she had to deliver something else in the area at 7:15.
It was determined she would bring the lights between 6:30 and 7:30 ish tonite and call me when she was on her way.

It is now almost 9:30 and no call or lights in my possesion :(

I have always supported Sharkeys and refered them many times but this complete and total lack of courtsey and delivery of a paid for product have really made me angry.

SharkysReef

RS Sponsor
Kelli,

Sorry for your frustration and how this whole ordeal unfolded. Truly am. It is especially unfortunate that this has happened to such a long-term and loyal customer

I am not going to list any excuses or explanations. Nobody cares in that. I just will say we have had our share of problems lately and I am truly sorry it affected you.

Please know you will get your light and we will make it up to you in normal Sharky's fashion.

Nothing more to say then we hear you, we are sorry, and we are on it.

Regards
Dennis

dobejazz

Thank you Dennis
I'm very sorry I felt the need to post this I'm really pretty easy going I'm just frustrated with the lack of communication on the missed appointments

boozeman

Glad to see things are getting the attention needed :thumbup:

Kelli, please keep us informed as to the outcome :lurk:

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
I hate that!! Its total lack of consideration as well. A paying customer cant get the time of day. Regardless of their issues, THEY ARE THEIR ISSUES AFTER ALL.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Bummer. I am sure Dennis will make things right now. This is the first time in the last 5 years i ever heard a complaint about them. Let us know the outcome Vikki.

SharkysReef

RS Sponsor
Sorry once again..

Please know it was not intentional blowing off or "forget it I just won't show up or call". Nothing like that in the intentions.

dobejazz

Sorry once again..

Please know it was not intentional blowing off or "forget it I just won't show up or call". Nothing like that in the intentions.

I'm looking forward to getting it resolved - This is the first bad experience I have had with Sharkeys and many of my 1st corals were from them and going strong after 3 years