HELP! Trilobite Not Eating!!!

Pat24601

I just added a new trilobite to my tank and he is not eating. He’s just sitting on the live rock and is very lethargic. Any ideas what is wrong?

He is limestone colored.

4EB3064E-E0C9-4A77-BB7C-7D3CB7E4021D.jpeg

Uncle99

Well you sure stumped me with that one Paul24601....
I thought Trilobites went extinct 500 million years ago?
I have seen some of today's mini versions like horseshoe crabs, but no one ever referred to the prehistoric name....interesting....

Sorry can't help ya at all!
But really interested at seeing some responses...

Pat24601

Well you sure stumped me with that one Paul24601....
I thought Trilobites went extinct 500 million years ago?
I have seen some of today's mini versions like horseshoe crabs, but no one ever referred to the prehistoric name....interesting....

Sorry can't help ya at all!
But really interested at seeing some responses...

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to be deceptive or troll. I was just being silly. This post was a follow up from @Paul B ’s tank thread.

That particular trilobite has been dead for about 430 million years. So, that might have something to do with it’s lethargy, I guess.

Uncle99

If he is one that has developed a filter feeding ability maybe some phyto or zoo plankton.....otherwise I would guess marine worms...

Uncle99

That was actually quite funny, thanks for the good laugh.
I am hoping the others may not read your additional information as I assume that your going to get some great responses....

As Monty Python once said, he not dead, just sleeping..

Cheers!

Pat24601

That was actually quite funny, thanks for the good laugh.
I am hoping the others may not read your additional information as I assume that your going to get some great responses....

As Monty Python once said, he not dead, just sleeping..

Cheers!

:)

Pat24601

As an aside, I mentioned this in @Paul B ’s tank thread before I posted this joke picture, but that particular trilobite I photoshopped in the picture is my favorite one in my collection. It’s not my best specimen, but it’s one my father and I found when I was a kid on the bluffs where I grew up along the Mississippi. Well, really he found it, but I was there.

I have other, better ones in my collection that I bought, assuming they aren’t fraud, but that’s my favorite!